Seven

Seven

The rest of the night I struggled to fully enjoy myself with everyone. Damon kept me close, using every chance he could get to brush his fingers on my skin. To everyone else this was normal but only I could fully understand.

I saw a new side of Damon last night. I was used to the caring and protective boy that I had known for years but last night he showed me something different. A different side of him. A side that I liked.

Which is why all morning I've been spending time with Lily. We took one of the cars and drove out to the nearest city, deciding that we needed some girl time away from the overwhelming testosterone inside the house.

We were just heading back but as Lily was talking about her plans with Adam, I was currently deciding on how I'm going to avoid Damon in his own home. I only just escaped him this morning when he tried to talk to me after breakfast.

I just need some time that's all.

"are you even listening to me sky" she calls from the passenger seat. I know I probably was spacing out.

"Do you want my honest answer or should I lie to you" I'm glad I still have my wits about me, don't know if Lily feels the same though.

"forget it, I'm just lucky you spared a day for your little sister," she says honestly, I admit I barely have time for my little sister but in my defence, she is very busy these days. It's not all my fault.

I noticed that we were reaching the house. Every time I really look at it I just wonder how Damon actually managed this. I wanted to ask him about how he afforded it. I knew he was given a good salary in the army, but building a house is not cheap.

"I'm also aware of the fact that one of the only reasons you're out with me right now is so that you don't have to see Damon." She comments.

I groaned, why does she have to be so fucking observant its annoying.

"one of them, I still love you little sis" I reach over pinching one of her cheeks. "also lay off the nuts, its bad for your skin" I scold her. She never listens, she knows that eating peanuts gives her acne. Just because she gets facials doesn't mean she's off the hook.

I step out the car waiting for her to follow. I frowned when I realised that there were barely any cars in the driveway. I was just hoping that Damon was out too, that would mean that I could relax finally.

My tranquillity was short lived when Adam stormed out the house's main doors, his phone in his hand.

He wasted no time in eying his girlfriend "c'mon gorgeous we're going for dinner" he says latching onto Lily and pulling her in the opposite direction.

I narrow my eyes and the force he was inflicting on my sister.

"I'm not hungry," she says standing back forcing Adam to finally let go. I was instantly proud of her, glad that she stood her ground. I don't miss the harsh look he sends her almost warning her. They seem to be having their own little conversation with each other.

The sound of a car pulling into the driveway caught both mine and Lily's attention. I didn't instantly recognise the car but as soon as the door opened I panicked. There goes my plan on ignoring him out the window.

No wonder why everyone is out the house, preparing for another screaming match between us.

"Just go Lily, I'll be alright try and enjoy your night," I tell her sending her away with her boyfriend. I watched her get into the car and drive off leaving me alone with the brooding man who was making his way to me.

But I didn't bother waiting for him I just start heading inside, in desperate need to take off these heels cause frankly, they are killing my feet.

"Sky" he starts as soon as he closes the main door. I raise my hand up. "No, I'm going to shower it's been a long day," I say loud enough for him to hear. My muscles are aching from carrying our bags today. Lily is really into fashion and made sure to advise me on new styles of clothes that she promised would suit me.