Two

Two

It's been 3 years since Damon left. I still think about him, wondering if he's safe and if he's coming home.

I tried my best to focus on my studies, studying marketing in college with a part time job for a small bakery business I wa spending a lot of my time with James. James and Damon were best friends and I had a feeling that Damon asks him to look out for me.

I gradually started to like James more and more and we were together. It was nice to have someone by my side, James was a great guy and a great kisser.

I liked spending as much time as I could with him and our friends.

It's been 3 years since Damon left us all here and I've only just been able to get over the sad nights. We messaged when we could but he was always getting busy.

James was a close friend of mine, but an even closer friend of Damon. I was surprised when after a few weeks James had started to show interest with me and it wasn't long before I was calling him my boyfriend.

During our gatherings we speak about Damon a lot, I mean he was a big character in school and around this town. I understood that I wasn't the only one that missed him. My family try not to speak about him when I am around.

Natalie has been doing better as of recently, she is no longer is crying about losing him but she's found strength in forming a bond with this man. My mum decided on playing matchmaker for Natalie.

Christian was a retired police officer, but he still can made money through directing a crime series that you can see on Netflix. Our whole group are fans of his show it literally has my heart beating out of my chest every time I watch it.

Damon came back for a few days in December right before Christmas, apparently, he met Christian and instantly was a fan of his. Supposedly they got on really well and had a lot to talk about which I guess is good for the family and a huge relief to Natalie.

Natalie although she's fallen in love again with this man, there is no question that she still loves Damon's father. They had something out of this world and no man could take that. The cancer was fast and took him away from his family way too quickly.

Natalie is still young, just turning 48 in a few months it would be wrong to not ever try and find love again.

I wasn't in town when he came back, I was on a trip with my college in the states so I missed him. I was slightly relieved that I was away. I don't think I could handle seeing Damon and watching him leave all over again. He's tried to contact me plenty of times and after ignoring his calls I finally was able to build up the courage to say a few words to him.

But that's all I gave him, it pained me too much.

Over the years I learnt that being mad at him for fighting for his country and getting his life sorted wasn't right for me to do.

He deserved to be happy so I just had to accept that. I'm still sore about how he lied to me about leaving.

But I had to move on I needed to just live my life without him.

I have great family and friends and also a really good job that pays me well. Working at the agency I create campaigns for different businesses. It has always been my passion so I'm just glad I work with a really good company.

Even though I don't speak to him as much I still watch the news every day, giving me updates on the situation in Asia.

The UK army was called to help with a war outbreak in southeast Asia and they were working to fight with the army in Vietnam to put a stop to rebels over there.