Forty Nine

Forty Nine

" You're kidding me" Yvonne mumbled as we pulled up to the house. I grinned at Damon as Yvonne practically launched out of the car and stared up at the house in awe.

I realised that when I arrived here for the first time. I didn't take the time to appreciate the house at the very first glance.

Damon parked up and helped pull the bags out from the back of the car.

" No wonder Henson hates your guts, this man built you a fucking mansion for waiting for him" Yvonne said linking her arm with me.

I expected the house to be empty but to my utter surprise Charlotte ripped open the front door. Her boyfriend stood just behind her.

" Surpriiiiiiise" She shouted as she skipped over and wrapped her arms around me.

I turned around to glare at Damon but he decided to sprint past me with a grinning Adrian following behind him like a little mouse.

" Did you think you were going to do this without me? not a fucking chance in hell" Charlotte said with her cheshire grin.

Yvonne stepped up behind me. " Who's this ?" Yvonne asked bluntly as she stared at Charlotte.

Charlotte stepped back and brought her hand out.

" Charlotte, nice to meet you. I've known these two losers since school"

Now that I thought about it, I realised that Charlotte and Yvonne had very similar personalities and would either want to kill each other or would get on like a house on fire.

Yvonne nodded. " Seems like hell, but yeah lovely to meet you too." I felt very much relieved when they shook hands.

" C'mon girls let's go tour the palace shall we" Adrian said coming over and pushing both of them towards the house.

I watched them walk inside just as Damon walked back out. I noticed that everyone was inside the house now, probably all getting an over exaggerated tour from Adrian.

Damon closed the door to the car and stood directly behind me. I leant back into his body and breathed in the warm french air.

" Can we go for a walk?" I asked.

Damon hummed as he placed a kiss on my bare shoulder. " Of course, let's go round the house."

I slipped my hand into Damon's and walked with him, around the back of the main building.

We didn't do this when I first came here. We didn't tour the house together, or go on walks. I felt ashamed because it felt like I wasn't showing as much interest in the house that Damon built for me.

" What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" Damon asked when we made it around the back and into the garden.

I tightened my hold on his hand. " thinking of the future, thinking about this house"

It was easy to go back to London and focus on work and think about my sister's wedding coming up but I had to think about my future with Damon. It was inevitable now that we were going to give this our best shot.

5 years of waiting for Damon to come home seemed totally worth it now when I think about how much I love this man.

Damon brought us over to the garden sofa that overlooked the garden and the hills surrounding us. I gently sat on his lap as Damon's arms wrapped around my waist.

" Is this house in your future?" Damon asked me. Making me stare at him.

That question alone seemed to strip him down. Forget the man that tries everything in his power to protect me, to care for me.