Six

Six

To say that everyone was surprised was an understatement. But I didn't give them time to say anything as I ran out of the kitchen. Slightly embarrassed. Damon coming back, just made this a lot more real and it made me extremely nervous.

When I finally left my room I was called downstairs to help Damon set up the garden making sure to decorate the exterior of the house ready for the party. I kept finding myself staring at the house, zoning out at times.

Lily jumped for joy when I told her what happened to me and Damon since yesterday. Mum and dad were just glad I wasn't crying anymore and Natalie was just happy altogether. Was I so oblivious that I didn't know that our families knew about my obsession with my best friend?

" Damon can you answer the door, someone's here to see you," Christian says from the back door on the patio.

" don't do anything until I come back " he commands me as he steps off from the wall as we set up lights.

I roll my eyes. There's no need for him to be so protective. I'm literally laying plates on the tables.

" Skylar! " I barely finished when Adrian came storming through the doors. An annoyed Damon trailing behind him.

" wondered when you'd be coming back" I smile at him as pulls me in for a quick hug.

" you met her already," another voice says coming from behind Damon. Another guy stood in front of me.

Smaller than Damon but only slightly. " that's what happens when you arrive late " Adrian replies standing back as Damon takes his position beside me again.

" sky this is Charlie, these two idiots are my friends from the army" Damon introduces them to me. Damon doesn't normally call me by my name so this was new for me.

" idiots, that saved your life " Adrian glared at Damon. My interest was suddenly peaked, wanting to know much more.

" what do you mean," I ask turning to Damon. He takes his bottom lip between his teeth. "they covered for me when I was in the conflict, I did the same for them hundreds of times"

"Are you guys going back?" I ask them. Adrian smiled down at me. "yes, not for a few months though. I'm going to enjoy my break from all the fighting" Charles nods his head. I guess both of them are going back.

"enough chit chat boys, we've got a few hours until people start arriving," Natalie says walking out to the back. Even though she was saying this she had her arms open and when she reached us she let the boys hug her.

"yes, mom" they chanted, causing Natalie to let out a light laugh.

The boys started to chat with Natalie and Damon stole this chance to drag me away from the boys. "next time, can you wear a bra I don't like the thought of the guys seeing you like this" he says quietly eying my shirt.

Shit, I completely forgot.

"on it soldier "I joked before walking away from him and letting myself slip back into the house. I heard the hollers from Charlie and Adrian as I disappeared inside.

I spent the next few hours helping out mom cook the food. I was in charge of baking since I learnt how to, from my part time job during college.

Halfway through baking I felt two hands fall onto my waist. "smells good" Damon mumbled eying my cake mix. This was my special Nutella cake. I had been making this for years.

Damon nuzzled his face in my neck as I continued to prepare the cake for it to go in the oven. A few close friends had arrived and they were either helping out or just laying around chatting.