Twenty Four

Twenty Four

For the following 2 weeks, I focused my attention on working. Although we were successful in our new client there was still a lot of work to be done. It required long nights and overtime.

Tony didn't mention anything about the flowers, and I didn't push the conversation not wanting to dig deeper and risk it becoming a problem. A constraint to our work relationship and an even bigger one to mine and Damons.

Damon had decided to help out a friend with a renovation project throughout the day.

Thankfully we had the time in the evenings when I wasn't working too late. I felt guilty working into the night but it needed to be done. I was thankful that Damon understood that.

" Don't be ridiculous, nobody was looking at your teeth in the meeting" Henri mumbled to Kelly as we all sat with Tony in a bar not far from the offices. We had just finished up a full day of work and Tony suggested we headed out for drinks.

Kelly glared at Henri not agreeing with him in the slightest. " No they definitely were, even Sky said"

I cringed, not wanting to be involved with this bickering fight of theirs.

" Maybe they were but it's not a big deal Kells" I patted her shoulder gently. Offering my support. I understood that she felt self-conscious a lot of times at work but she didn't need to be.

Her performance at work was the primary concern not whether she had spinach stuck between her teeth.

As Henri and Kelly continued to discuss I felt my phone vibrate on the table. I glanced to see Damon's name flash on the screen.

What time will you be home baby?

I grinned as I saw his message. My heart felt full every time I thought about coming home to Damon. Meeting him at the door with a kiss as he took my bag from me was something I craved.

I loved it.

I'm not sure, but shouldn't be longer than an hour

I replied back. We never really spent more than an hour after work drinking i'd assume that this was no different.

" Everything okay there" I turned my attention to Tony who seemed quiet tonight. He sat back nursing a small cocktail. Looking tired and worn out from the long day.

I felt sympathetic towards him. Knowing how hard he worked day and night.

" Yeah, I was just messaging Damon" I said as I placed my phone down back onto the table. I watched his eyes follow my hand before flicking back up to my eyes, where held my stare.

" I hope he doesn't mind us keeping you for a little longer" He says. I shook my head. " As long as I communicate with him, there isn't really a problem" I answered.

He grinned as he took sip of his drink not losing eye contact with me.

I felt intimidated by his stare but that all disappeared when he finally looked past me to watch the many people around the bar.

" I've never met the man but I sure hope he doesn't take you away to france" He chuckled as he looked back at me.

I smiled softly. " We don't have plans yet, we are just enjoying being here and making up for lost time" I replied.

" How many years was he gone?" He asked, i was surprised at his interest but was thankful that I was able to talk about Damon.

" 5 years, he left when we were just finishing school so i guess we both changed quite a lot"

Henry and Kelly seemed to be in their own little world as they spoke animatedly about something.

" And what was he like before, i know that a lot of the women at the company admire you for your relationship " I stared back, not quite sure why he was suddenly so interested.