Eleven

Eleven

The following few nights were exactly how I imagined it. Spending time with both our families and indulging in late-night conversations, the ones I missed from his many years away.

I had just woken up from a nap that I was taking in Damon's bedroom when I heard voices from the hallway. I rolled out of his bed and instantly noticed the large duffel bag placed by the wardrobe. Making my way over I peeked inside. My eyes narrowing as I saw the clothes neatly placed inside along with his uniform.

My mind couldn't think of anything else, only that my worst nightmare was coming true.

I raced over to the door and pulled it open.

Multiple pairs of eyes snapped over to me. Damon's were the only ones I cared about and all those eyes showed me was fear and guilt.

I caught Lily placing a hand on his arm, softly. Almost as if she knew what I was thinking.

I moved as quickly as I could, slamming the door closed before he could even get to me. But Damon wasn't giving up and I expected that.. He took the first approach of banging on the door commanding me to open it.

"No Damon, you're leaving again just like then and no doubt you weren't going to say goodbye" I said just as i felt my hands start to become sweaty. The anxiety seeping into my body, thinking of another 5 years without Damon.

It was too soon, he can't leave me now.

"Open this door, Sky. Talk to me before you start thinking the worst. " He begged with urgency. I had to shake my head, even though he couldn't see me.

I stayed silent as I heard more voices from the other side of the door.

"I'm not leaving till she speaks to me, fuck off Adam" I heard Damon shout. I rolled my eyes. I'm the one who should be angry right now, he's the one leaving again.

A few more words were said before Damon ultimately hit a breaking point.

"fuck it" I heard him mumble before I heard the sound of a click on the door and it was instantly unlocked leaving me no time to step back when the strong force of Damon barged inside the room.

I had no way out as I was instantly picked up by my legs and carried across the room before Damon was pushing me down on the bed.

He looked down his chest rising and falling. "I don't want to leave you again but if you listen to me you'll realise that it's only for a week and I will be right back"

"a week?" I question him now opening my eyes fully and searching for his. I wiped my tears away leaning forward. Why would he be going just for a week?

"yes baby, a week I was literally about to tell you before you ran off like that" He says laughing at me.

"my friend who I served with is seriously injured and I don't think he's going to make it. Me and the guys are going over there to spend his last days with him" he explains to me. Damon lifted me up so that we both sat on the bed, his arm around my waist. Hi thumb brushing my skin.

" I'm so sorry to hear that Damon, are you sure he can't survive with the injuries" I asked him.

" It's not looking good Baby, but if we can make his last few days memorable I'm willing to do anything"

I nodded. I couldn't be more prouder of Damon and the guys. It will not be an easy few days.

" C'mon, let's head downstairs and have some lunch" Damon said, standing up and reaching for my hand.

I let Damon pull me along with him as we made our way downstairs to join the others. Everyone was sitting around the kitchen table eating away at a takeaway pizza. Once they heard us they all looked over. Adam was sporting a light red mark on his face. A few seconds passed before I put two and two together.