Fifty Three

53

Damon's fingers felt warm in between mine. But as he pulled me behind him, walking through the crowds of people. He felt incredibly cold as he barely said a word to me.

The second we exited the building, I spotted Adrian standing with Charlotte who could barely stay still, standing after the drinks we had tonight.

Damon let go of my hand for a few seconds and reached for the keys that Adrian had outstretched to him.

" Get in the car, I'm driving," He said bluntly as he moved around the car and climbed into the driving seat of his jeep.

I spared a glance at them both but they just gave me a small smile. Knowing that I would have a hard night ahead of me.

I silently slipped into the back with Charlotte. Adrian took the passenger seat and took charge of the music playing from the car's speakers.

" I'm screwed" I whispered to Charlotte as we all felt the car practically launch forward on the road. Damon's foot was most likely against the floor, desperately wanting to get home to either make himself a drink or take it out on me.

I haven't seen him in what felt like days so I took this chance to watch him from behind.

" He won't hurt you will he?" Charlotte replied, her tone filled with curiosity and a little bit of fear.

I shook my head. " He won't," I said, tapping her thigh lightly.

Damon may be angry at what he saw but he wouldn't hurt me. I trusted him with everything i have and possibly more.

The car ride was silent from then on. Once Damon pulled into the drive. Charlotte and Adrian rushed out and into the house. Leaving me and Damon alone in the car.

" Damon, I "

Damon didn't wait for me to finish as he stepped out and immediately started walking towards the house. I sat completely still before pressing my head against the headrest in exhaustion.

After taking a few minutes to myself, I slowly climbed out of the car and started walking towards the house. When I reached the entrance I could just see Charlotte running up the stairs towards the library room at the other end of the house.

I bit my lip and realised that Damon probably sent them both to the part of the house that was completely out of the way.

Closing the door behind me, I walked into the house and peered into the kitchen. I noted the unscrewed bottle of rum. Damon was holding a small glass filled with whatever was inside that bottle. He stared out into the garden, but since it was completely dark outside I knew that he could see me in the reflection of the patio doors.

" Did you enjoy yourself?"

I peered up at him, this was the first thing he's said to me since that moment at the bar.

" I did" I replied back as I kicked off my heels.

He scoffed. " I bet you did"

I shot my eyes over at him. " What's that supposed to mean Damon, I had a fun night with Charlotte not for whatever reason you are thinking of"

He placed the glass down. But I wasn't going to let him win this one.

" You left me Damon. You disappeared all night to god knows where. Did you expect me to just wait around for you whilst you get angry at me for wanting to help Henson"

Damon finally turned to me. " I needed space, I'm allowed to do that aren't I Sky"

" Of course you are, but why didn't you at least tell me and not make me worried all night"