Forty Seven

Forty Seven

For the rest of the evening. Damon and the guys sat around the dining table discussing Henson's plans. I kept myself busy with cleaning around the house. Spending some time reading on the new client that Tony was looking to work with.

" Are you heading out?" I asked Adrian as I passed him into the entryway. He was tying up his shoelaces with his bag by his feet.

He looked up at me, offering me a smile. But it didn't look to reach his eyes" I sure am. I have a very important date with a little girl tonight"

" That's gross Adrian, I thought you were out of that stage already" I had to laugh as I watched Charlie exit the toilet.

Adrian sent him a deathly glare. " It's my daughter, you prick"

I placed a hand on Adrian's shoulder. " Please say hi for me. I've missed little ruby"

"Of course I will. You should come over for dinner soon I'm sure Fran and Ruby would love to see you"

I gave him a reassuring nod. I would love to spend some time with them.

Damon soon joined us all. Wrapping his arm around my shoulder. " We'll organise something soon"

Adrian stood up brushing his fingers on his hoodie. " The invitation was for Skylar only"

I had to hold in a laugh as I saw Adrian's determined glare towards Damon who just frowned at his best friend.

" Head home Adrian, thank you for picking me up today and for being here. I really do appreciate you" I know that Adrian would hate it but I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders.

Surprisingly Adrian welcomed my embrace. " Thank you Skylar, sleep well sweetheart"

My body was pulled back instantly. " Cool it " Damon grumbled at Adrian.

" See you later" Adrian sang out as he pulled open the main door and finally stepped out.

I pulled away from his embrace. " Is Adrian okay, he seemed weird today" I asked them both.

Charlie was next to start grabbing his trainers. I assumed they both were heading out for the night.

" He's just having a moment, I wouldn't worry about it Sky" Charlie said standing up to his full height again.

Damon pulled me back in. " He's being dramatic " Damon mouthed into my shoulder, his fingers skimming around my waist.

I turned and pushed Damon away. " Don't be mean. What if he is going through something. You two should be the ones getting it out of him, not ignoring his feelings"

Damon and Charlie both just blinked at me before Damon cursed. " Shit" Damon walked back into the lounge and grabbed his phone.

I followed behind him. " What's wrong, Is Adrian really okay?"

Charlie walked past me and packed up his laptop. " He will be okay. Adrian didn't have a great childhood growing up. There was no teasing or laughter which is why he's more childish than your average guy"

I snapped my head to Damon. " And you knew this"

Damon glanced up from his phone. "Skylar" He warned me.

" You better do something about this. He's helping us with Henson for free so the least we could do is make sure that he's okay"

Damon slipped his phone into his pocket and stepped closer to me. " I will I promise baby, just give me some time to fix it"

I blinked up at him. " You have a day Damon, he does so much for us" Damon pulled me in. " I know i know"

It pains me to watch a genuinely happy guy struggle, even if it looks like nothing, you just never know what's going on in his head.