Fifty Two

Fifty Two

sat down at the table with everyone. I was glad that nobody seemed to want to talk about Damon's obvious absence from the house. But I think they all knew and thankfully didn't want to push it.

Nathan said he would come by tomorrow to talk about anything he has found out. In the house it was just Charlie, Adrian, Yvonne and Charlotte. Thalia was also here but she would be leaving soon since she had work.

" I know that you are all waiting for my answer" Thalia spoke up when we had finished the small breakfast that Yvonne had prepared for us all.

I had the feeling that Yvonne would be trying to make up for the trick she played on us last night. The guilt was eating away at her and I was fully enjoying it.

" I don't know if anything will happen but I'd like to help you guys" She said quietly. Something tells me that this was the first time she actually said it out loud for the first time.

" We only want you to say yes if you're also doing it for yourself Thalia" Yvonne said.

Thalia looked over at me, I just nodded my head.

" I will then, I'm so thankful for you all you've been so lovely. I cant thank you enough for letting me stay as well"

She was really a sweetheart.

After everyone had finished up breakfast, I walked Thalia out of the house where there was a taxi waiting to take her to the airport. She was going to visit her parents and tell them about it all. Before we started a case against Henson.

I wrapped my arms around her in a gentle hug. " I spoke to Lucas this morning and he's looking into ways to get Henson help. It won't affect your case I don't think. Henson isn't insane obviously" I explained to her.

She gave me a tight lipped smile. " I know, he told me before he left this morning. I still care about Henson, i'd be happy if he got the right help"

A true sweetheart.

I waved her goodbye as the car pulled out of the drive.

I was able to take one deep breath before Charlotte came up to me and linked her arm through mine.

" Drinks, tonight?" She asks.

I glanced at her. " sounds perfect, shall we bring the hoe"

" SKYLAR" We both heard Yvonne scream from behind us.

She pulled her hands back to her chest.

I turned on my heel and walked past her. " Bring your purse you're paying" I said with finality as I walked back inside.

I decided to try and get some work done upstairs in Damon's office. I had a few emails from my team and decided to spend the next few hours working on my projects.

I scanned over the letter I had written last week. I thought about this for a while and after being approached from someone on Linkedin. I decided that it was in my best interest to leave my job.

I looked working in my job but with the chances of me moving to France growing each day. I knew that it was the right thing to do.

There was a great company in Paris that would like me to become a brand manager for their business. They would also allow me to work from anywhere too so it sounded like an offer that I simply couldn't refuse.

I closed the document and focused on the tasks I needed to do. I would finish this project before even thinking of sending my resignation letter through.

By the time I finished, It was already half 5 in the afternoon. I grabbed a towel and a purple lingerie set and headed for the shower.

I washed my hair and shaved my legs. I thought i'd feel better if I actually tried a little harder to look good tonight.