Forty Two

Forty Two

Charlotte parked up at the shopping centre within 15 minutes. I walked with her to our first store which was Zara. She said that she wanted to pick up a dress that she ordered from the store.

" That's a really nice blazer, you should get that for work" Charlotte said as we patiently waited in line. She pointed to a bright pink Blazer. She was right, it was really nice and would probably be good for the colder months.

I could get it now since it was on sale and be ready for after summer.

" I should, I'll be right back" I said as I walked over and took it from the rack.

I joined the queue again next to Charlotte who simply smiled at me.

After we both finished paying we headed around and ended up at the big Selfridges store here. I spent some time in the makeup section as Charlotte headed for the home section in search of something to bring to the house for my mother.

I found it really adorable that she desperately wanted to buy something nice for my mother. My mum did love Charlotte on the odd occasion I would bring her over to study for our exams. It normally was when Damon was at the gym with his friends. He always found it weird having her around when he was over.

Which wasn't really surprising. Damon would often spend time with me in the evenings. We had a large selection of movies to watch and also he would find any excuse to play on the PlayStation we had in the living room.

I picked a few pieces, the main one being a brand new plum lip gloss and lip liner. I liked using this combination in the warmer months, in comparison to the matte combo I used when it was much cooler.

After playing I walked to the stairs and walked up to the home section where I easily found Charlotte casually speaking with a shop assistant.

I glanced at the large vase that they were surrounding. My eyes widening at the vintage style and most likely the expensive price tag it came with.

My mom would not accept anything of that price, she really wouldn't but I knew that Charlotte would put up a fight.

" Can't you just buy her flowers" I said coming to stand next to Charlotte.

She rolled her eyes as the shop assistant smiled at me. " that's exactly what I'm doing Sky but now she's got the perfect vase to put them in"

Not what I meant.

" You know she isn't going to accept it" I said, pushing her phone down where she already had her apple pay ready. But I was too late, the lady moved the scanner with Charlotte's phone.

The sound of it going through made me nervous.

I cringed as I saw the price.

"175 pounds, Charlotte, you need to return it right now" I exclaimed looking on in pure horror as the lady took away the vase. Most likely to get it wrapped up.

Charlotte pushed up away from the display table. " I can't and I don't want to. C'mon you know how much I love your mum especially with how stubborn and strict mine was through school. I want to thank her so please just let me do this one thing"

I bit my lip softly. Thinking back to those days. Not only did Charlotte come to my house to study but to also find some peace away from her controlling mother. Her mother was a kind woman but she had her traditions and a girl like Charlotte struggled in that environment.

My mother was the opposite, as long as I was happy she let me be free. Probably explains why she let me and Damon be close like we were. Hell the amount of times we were alone in my room till the late hours of the night, That should really tell you something about the kind of mother she was.