Eighteen

Nineteen 

The hours that followed seemed like a dream to me.

It was currently 5.45 in the evening and I was rapidly typing away on my work laptop, not like I had any control over what I was actually saying in this email that I was sending.

Damon had left my apartment in the morning after a brief kiss to the corner of my head. We didn't talk much after I found out everything and I was lucky that Damon respected that and in his way he let me know that he was going to give me time.

I couldn't stop thinking about it. The fact that Damon made such a big commitment to me by building that house even without knowing what our future would hold.

Whether it was together or not.

I had no intention of leaving London any soon but that was before I knew that there was a house in France that was waiting for me.

But what seemed to bother me more than anything was the fact that It was seamlessly easy for me to imagine living in France with Damon. It was just childish dreams when I was a teen. But Damon has made it seem more realistic than it could have ever been.

" What are you hiding out here for, don't you have a family dinner or something " Michelle my friend at work said in that overly excited voice that was way too cheerful for this late in the workday.

But she was right, I did indeed have a family dinner tonight. I stuck to my promise to make more time for my family and friends this time around and a relaxing dinner was in high demand.

It appears that Christian and Natalie were the only ones to know about Damon's declaration of love by building a house in France for me. At first, I had thought that everyone was in on it but I was mistaken,

" I do, but not until I finish this email," I said scrolling back up to the document to see what I had to write for it. Michelle moved around my desk until she was now looking over my shoulder.

" Oh, that has been sent already" She calmly tells me. My fingers pause over the keys to stare at her in disbelief.

"Oh yeah, bossman already approved it" she continued to tell me in such a casual tone, I had to take a sip of my now cold coffee to wake me up a little bit.

" Aren't these changes supposed to go through me?" I asked confused with the sudden change in the job I have done for the last 8 months.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't make the rules, I just make coffee" She declared as she walked away from my desk leaving me to stare at the door as it closed behind her.

After hiding at my desk for another 45 minutes I decided that I needed to leave and join my family for dinner. I had no reason to not come since Christian made sure to book a table at a restaurant that was close to my apartment.

Christian always thought carefully about every since one of his moves, It was easy to see how much he cared for everyone but at the same time, I knew that he always had Damon's best interests at heart.

Finding my way to the table, I was anxious about seeing Damon again. But as I arrived at the table my rapidly beating chest didn't have any intention of calming down when I noticed the empty seat beside him with a bouquet of white roses placed neatly.

My mother was the first to notice me and she nudged Damon softly. He stopped talking to Lily and Adam and moved his eyes over to me.

I tightened my fingers around my bag strap as he stared at me with those bold eyes of his.

" Sorry I'm late, had to finish up at work" I said as I made my way around the table. I watched Damon grip the flowers in his hand as he pulled out the chair next to him. I sensed everyone watching us closely.