Twelve

Twelve

I lean against Christian's shoulder, watching him edit a video on his macbook. With every small sound coming from outside, my eyes kept snapping over to the door anxiously waiting for Damon to arrive. His flight should have landed hours ago and I knew that he would be arriving this evening. But I had thought it was going to be sooner than this.

The sound of footsteps walking through the main door in Christian's ridiculously large estate forced both mine and Natalie's eyes to snap over to the door.

I groan left her lips as we watched Lily walk through the door.

"would you both stop" my father spoke with irritation from the kitchen. He was making himself a late-night sandwich whilst me and Natalie were anxiously waiting for the return of Damon. We both sat at the table with our coffees in our hands.

It was currently 10 pm and we were back in London after staying in France. My short break from work was coming to the end and I wanted to be back in London to get back in the mood to focus on my upcoming projects.

I was already missing the house. I think just knowing that Damon designed that house just for us was making me miss it even more.

Damon designed that house so beautifully. Decorated with pictures covering the hallways, reminding us constantly of our family. The colour schemes throughout the house were warm and bright, opening up the space and it was perfect when we had the family around.

But staying in that house was not the same without Damon. I missed him and I desperately wanted him back with us, back with me.

Natalie hasn't been able to sleep since she's waiting for Damon to get home and lucky for her Damon's flight was delayed from the original schedule that would have gotten him home this afternoon.

I spent most of last night talking with Natalie. I know that Damon's absence affected us both but in very different ways. I couldn't compare with the feelings Natalie was harbouring. The feelings of a mother missing her son.

We both were unable to shake the feelings off. I kept waking up in the middle of the night, my initial thoughts were that these last few weeks were all just a dream.

When reality slowly kicked in I was able to relax and get some more sleep knowing that Damon was coming back soon.

I lifted my head from Christians shoulder " Fine" I said giving in. " I will try and get some sleep. Otherwise I'm going to drive myself mad" I stood up and leant over to Natalie and kissed her cheek lightly.

She sends me a warm smile as I exit the kitchen and head upstairs. Christian's house was coincidently in the same area where me and Damon grew up. It was in a different part of the town, somewhere safer but it still felt like home.

I would need to go back to my apartment soon and get back to work. I wasn't sure what Damon had in mind. I was sure that he would stay with Christian. We needed to talk about what we were going to do. The house in France was going to play a big part in our relationship. I didn't want to leave my current job and I think Damon knew that.

I removed my jeans and replaced them with my night shorts and a simple jumper. As soon as I got into bed I accepted the warmth of the bed in the room Christian gave me.

I rolled onto my side and spread my arms out on the bed. This is pure bliss, I thought. I wasn't looking forward to sleeping in my excuse of a bed back at the apartment I currently rent. Apartments in London do not run cheap even if my salary for my marketing job runs higher than most jobs for people my age.

Throughout the night I kept waking up hoping to find Damon laying next to me but every single time I was let down. This was useless, I thought. Why wasn't he back yet. He said that he would be coming here tonight as soon as he arrived so why was it nearly midnight and he still hadn't arrived.