Sixty Two

62

Lily was back to her normal self after Damon's small intervention. I spoke to Adam last night before heading to bed. He seemed to understand Lily's actions like he was used to it.

I had to give it to him, he was a patient man and perfect for my little sister.

Today's agenda was a busy one. Lily and Adam were spending their day together. Lily's wedding was in two days and it felt weird to even think that after two days my sister will be a wife to a man.

Chilling honestly.

Tonight we were having a simple bachelorette party. We were all heading for a spa day followed by dinner in the evening. My sister didn't want anything crazy much to her bridesmaid's dismay.

The guys were going for something similar. I made sure that their decision to not have some fun wasn't because of what Damon said about Henson.

Turns out Henson had decided to seek out help after some of his seniors from the army reached out. But Damon and our investigator had evidence that he was still scheming. Thalia had made her claim against Henson but it was still in the beginning stages.

If he was guilty he would most likely get a minimum of 4 years in prison which was definitely a good thing for us all.

Damon was increasing the security for Lily's wedding. He told Lily and Adam everything so that they were prepared.

Adam trusted Damon but he wanted nothing to be left in the dark.

I was sitting in the kitchen with my mother and Natalie when Damon walked through the door to Christians house. He had been gone all morning with the guys.

I made sure to spend my morning scrubbing down the shower me and Damon used yesterday. It was essential I did that.

Damon poured himself a glass of fresh orange juice before walking around the table until he was behind me. He placed his strong hand on my shoulder. " Ready to go ?" He asked me.

I smiled at the two ladies in front of me. " it's been lovely " I said standing up from my seat. Natalie was the first to laugh as I stood up from my seat. I smirked as I saw Damon's reflection on the refrigerator.

I was wearing a new body suit that did wonders for my body.

Damon coughed. " Jesus" he mumbled.

Natalie leant on her hand staring at me. " I love you " She giggled when Damon turned and walked out of the kitchen.

Damon soon returned with one of his oversized hoodies.

"Why are you hiding her body son, doesn't she look great i think her workouts are doing wonders"

He glared at his mother who just smirked back.

" Where we're going she'll need this trust me" I just laughed. I wasn't going to go out in public like this but it was nice to tease him.

" Are you really not going to tell me?" My mother said, staring at Damon.

He grinned as he helped pull my hair out from inside the hoodie.

" You're not very good and keeping secrets so no" I had to laugh at my mothers shocked face.

" I kept the biggest secret from sky when you arrived, how could you say that"

Damon walked around the table and bent down. " Only because I begged you desperately. Wasn't shane with you every time you called your daughter. "

I giggled at her bewildered face.