Forty Four

Forty-Four

"Don't look at me like that Sky, I'm a hungry woman"

Charlotte mumbled as we sat along with the guys, Fran and even her boyfriend. We decided to have a big brunch at a restaurant not from the house.

" You're eating like you are feeding 3 people" Adrian mumbled, comparing his plate to Charlotte's extra-large size.

Charlotte glared at him before moving her eyes to me. " I'm not feeding anyone else but myself, get that idea out of your head"

I raised my hands up in the air. " Never said a word" I mumbled as I giggled into Damon's shoulder.

Damon had his arm around my chair as he slowly took sips from his coffee. Laughing along with me as we all continued to tease Charlotte. It had started to become our favourite thing to do.

Charlotte was instantly loved by everyone. Fran and her seemed to be getting on extremely well and Ruby was more than happy to have another auntie.

I leant forward as I wrapped my fingers around the small glass filled with fresh orange juice. Just as I looked up, I froze as I met the eyes of Yvonne. She wore an oversized hoodie and jean shorts as she leant against the wall.

I initially thought that this was a coincidence but weirdly enough she was staring directly at me. She turned her body and signalled to behind her with her head.

I looked around the table and I guess I was the only one that saw it. I thought about following her alone, but I couldn't trust her fully. Even though she helped us she could be here with Henson.

I had to be clever.

I slid my hand along Damon's wrist to get his attention.

He looked away from Charlie as he was just saying something.

" You okay baby," He whispered.

I bit my lip softly. " Don't be alarmed but can you secretly follow me outside"

Damon registered my words. His hand instantly went around my waist, pressing his fingers into my skin.

" What's wrong?"

I sighed as I got up from my seat. " Yvonne is outside, I think she wants to talk to me, just please follow me but don't show yourself" I asked him.

Damon didn't want me to go but he slowly nodded his head and released me from his hold.

I walked out of the restaurant, into the hallway where the toilets were. She was standing just by the exit door.

" He's not here, I promise" she said as she watched me look around hesitantly.

I had no reason to believe her, but I still followed. I knew Damon would not let anything happen to me.

We stood just outside the exit door. We were hidden but still quite out in the open.

" What are you doing here?" I asked when I walked closer to her. I kept a good metre away from her just in case something did happen. If I was grabbed Damon would have a chance to get to me and do real damage to whoever laid their hands on me.

She hesitantly looked around before moving her hand under her shirt and into her bra before pulling out a small card.

" I need to get out Sky, and I need your help"

She placed the card in my hand. " Henson is not going to stop and I want to help you out, but you need to get me out of his circle" I was confused as to why she was saying this, until she brought her hand down to lay on her lower stomach.