Chapter 25

--------------------------

Walking into the 1-A Prep Room I made a beeline for the furthest corner in the room as I had my head tilted downwards and my eyes narrowed while my right hand rested in the crook of my inner elbow and my left hand cradled my right elbow.

Thinking of the events today I had a pretty good idea of how each of the games would go down and what I should do to get into the One-on-one Battles. I have to do well, not only is Aizawa watching me but so is Tomura, Shinso and all my Classmates.

For the Obstacle Course I could easily use Fierce wings and soar through the course... but Midoriya needs to get 1st Place in this; I don't wanna be the prime target in the Cavalry Battle instead of Midoriya, but I won't really mind coming in 2nd Place instead.

But what quirks could I use? Fierce Wings is definitely a must since I'd be off of the ground when Todoroki freezes the ground at the beginning, it also means I can just fly over the Robots instead of fighting them head on, flying means The Fall won't be a challenge.

And then I can just fly over the minefield, I'd essentially avoid every obstacle in the course and just soar my way to 1st Place with that plan... Which means that I'll have to hold off of using that and exploit a different quirk so I can at least be in 2nd.

However, it would be weird of me to not use my best asset in what is obviously a race so not using my fastest quirk would draw suspicion. I could just use it to get a head start and fly over the Robots.

Then with a moment of pause as I was struck with the realisation, there is one more quirk I could use that gives me a speed advantage, but also means I won't soar through the course and snatch the 1st Place from Midoriya...

And what Quirk would that be?

Rabbit; the quirk of none other than the Pro Hero, Mirko.

Using that quirk I can be incredibly fast due to the greatly increased leg strength, but I will be dependant on having stable footing while using this quirk and I will have challenges with obstacles like the one with the ropes and pits.

I can also use it to try and maybe leap across other people's shoulders after jumping in order to avoid having my feet frozen to the ground before I even get through the starting tunnel.

" Uh... Walker is making the same face they had during the Battle Training, I don't know whether to be scared or terrified considering how brutally efficient she was when that was just training; I don't wanna see her when she's acting competitively. " My head perked up a bit as I recognised the slightly nervous tone of Kaminari.

" I should damn well hope that Copycat gives it her all! I wanna beat her fair and square with my own power; I don't care if she can copy it, I still have the element of experience over her with my own Quirk!! " I looked over to see Bakugo, Kaminari, Sato and Hagakure as their gaze flickered over to me.

Pausing for a moment, I expected that from Bakugo, in a fight his whole thing is 'Go big or go home', he would rather swallow his pride than 'win' against an opponent who was purposefully not giving the fight 100% of their effort.

Smiling a bit I let out a chuckle, " It would be completely irrational for me to not give it my best, especially since this is the Sports Festival; there are Pro Heroes watching and if you wanna get a chance at an internship then you need to catch their attention by impressing them. " I stated, giving Bakugo a generally friendly smile.

Which was returned with the kind of smirk of Bakugo's face that I knew meant that I he had taken that as a challenge and is now fired up to try and beat me in the Sports Festival along with Todoroki and Midoriya too.

" Though this applies to everyone, try your best out there, because I know I will! " I added as I went from my calm, friendly smile, to having a large grin spread on my face as I spoke my words of encouragement.

Realising my words, I perked up a bit and nodded to myself as I thought about using that for my speech... since it won't be Bakugo who does it since I was the one to get 1st place in the Entrance Exam.

" Is everyone good and ready?! The event's about to begin!! " My gaze snapped over to the loud tone of Ida.

Taking the cue, I slowly turned to face a nervous looking Midoriya. " Midoriya. " Todoroki spoke, gaining Midoriya's attention as he turned to look at the Candy Cane Zuko 2.0 as all the chatter died down.

" Todoroki... what is it? " Midoriya questioned.

" Objectively speaking... I'm stronger than you. More capable. " Todoroki began.

" All Might's got his eye on you. Doesn't he. Now I'm not about to pry into why that is, but... I will beat you. " Todoroki continued to speak, to Midoriya's surprise, whereas I fought to hide the smile twitching at the corner of my lips.

The only people in this room who knew that Midoriya is All Might's successor is Midoriya and myself.

" Ooh!! A declaration of war from the second strongest in the class?! " Kaminari spoke from beside Bakugo with a slight bead of sweat dripping down his face as he looked slightly nervous.

However, Kirishima definitely looked irritated and shocked as well as he approached Todoroki. " Hey, man, why pick a fight?! We're about to go on... " Kirishima exclaimed, but was cut off by Todoroki.

" I really don't care. I'm not pretending to be anyone's friend, here. ", I honestly couldn't help it, Todoroki is so much like Zuko that it's hilarious.

Sniggering to myself, I watched as Midoriya glanced downwards and tightly clenched his uniform with shaking fists. " Todoroki. I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me you'll beat me... You're clearly stronger... and I can't measure up to most of the others here in skill... Objectively speaking, even... " Midoriya spoke and was going to continue until Kirishima quickly interrupted him.

At times like this, I hated how much Midoriya kept putting himself down, but I wouldn't be lying if I didn't agree that there are definitely students in U.A. who he would hardly measure up to in skill.

I mean, you have Bakugo who has learnt how to angle his explosions over years of experience with his Quirk, you have Shinso who is able to provoke a response out of someone in order for his Quirk to work.

Then there's my Imitation of the Quirks of others, I'm only good because I use the moves of other characters Quirks. " But...!! " Midoriya started once more, I watched from where I stood with my once sniggering face now being calm and stoic.

" Everyone... even the kids from the other courses are aiming for the top." Midoriya continued, and I understood that he was thinking back to when the front of our classroom door was crowded by students, including Shinso's own declaration of war.

Which reminds me, I'm excited to surprise Shinso with my Quirk, even I'd I won't be surprior fooled by Shinso's.

" And I'm... well, lemme say this. I'm not gonna fall behind. I'm going for it too. With everything I've got! " Midoriya declared as he looked up to face Todoroki with a serious expression on his face, the once stoic expression now a big grin on my face.

Because I might not get 1st in the Obstacle Course, but the Cavalry Battle and One on One Battles will be ones I will hot hold back on. I'm getting onto one of those Podiums if it's the last thing I will do in this Sports Festival.