Chapter 26

Walking alongside my classmates, I could hear the crowd from here as we began to head out. The thought of making a speech, like the Athletes Oath, is daunting and now I wish that Bakugo would do it instead, at least then I wouldn't be nervous of the reaction since I'd know how the crowd would react.

" IT'S U.A.'S SPORTS FESTIVAL!! THE ONE TIME EACH YEAR WHEN OUR FLEDGLING HEROES COMPETE IN A RUTHLESS GRAND BATTLE!! " I heard the loud voice of Yamada on the speakers, and in a way I was comforted by his boisterous and loud shouting.

" FIRST UP... YOU KNOW WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT!! THE MIRACULOUS RISING STARS WHO BRUSHED OFF A VILLAIN ATTACK WITH THEIR STEELY WILLPOWER!! THE FIRST YEARS... " Yamada spoke as we began to get to the end of the tunnel as the crowd stirred into sound.

" ... OF THE HERO COURSE!! IT'S CLASS A!! " Yamada exclaimed as the crowd rumbled in loud yells and cheers, my eyes were wide with awe but I kept my mouth in a straight line and glanced over at the clearly anxiously surprised Midoriya.

I made sure to be beside Ida in place of Uraraka as I knew that the camera's would be on us.

And I wasn't going to make Tomura wait to see me on the screen, " Whoaaaa... What a crowd... " I heard Midoriya mumble with surprise as he looked at the large crowd that sat in the stadium.

" And we're expected to put on the best performance we can in front of so many spectators...! I suppose this is merely one more necessary skill if we hope to become Heroes. " Ida responds with his steel faced expression while looking at the large crowd as well.

" At least it's not as loud as the crowds in a British Stadium, they're also more lively than these crowds too with losts of drinking, as is with most big events. " I added to the conversation with a light chuckle as I remembered the crowds on the TV when a Football Match was on.

Then I perked up as I looked over towards Kirishima and Bakugo, Kirishima was frantically looking from the crowd to Bakugo, who had a darkened grin across his cheeks. " They're really giving us too much credit... but we won't let it shake us, right, Bakugo...? " Kirishima spoke with clear nervousness in his voice.

Whereas Bakugo just replied with, " Nope. Just gets me pumped up. ", with the same grin on his face.

" Don't worry Kirishima! I understand how nerve wracking this can be, just breathe and don't pay any attention to the crowd. Just do your best, that's all that matters, okay? " I spoke while giving him a reassuring smile just to be sure.

Kirishima's eyes lit up as his head snapped over to me as he gave me a big smile, shark teeth and all, as he went over to me and pat me on the back. " Great advice Walker! I'm sure you'll do great out there with your Quirk! " He exclaimed.

" FOLLOWING CLASS B, IT'S CLASSES C, D AND E OF GENERAL STUDIES...!! AND HERE COME THE SUPPORT COURSE CLASSES, F, G AND H! AND THE BUSINESS COURSE... " Yamada continued as we began to approach the stage where Kayama stood, Hero Costume and all.

--------------------------

And so with a crack of the whip, Kayama started. " Now for the Athletes Oath!! ". However, the crowd and us students around the stage began to chatter.

" Ooh! The First Year's Ref this time is the R-Rated Hero Midnight! "

" What about the Principal? "

" He's always assigned to the Third Year Stage. "

" R-Rated? Should she really be in a High School? "

But with another loud crack of the whip and a shout, " Shut it. Pipe down!! Your Student Representative is... from Class 1-A, Kathryn Walker!! " Midnight spoke as everyone was quiet.

With a sigh, I began to step forwards and onto the stage.

" Wait, Kathryn's the Student Representative? " I heard Midoriya mutter to himself.

" Must be because she placed first in the Entrance Exam. " Sero replied as I got to the stage and stood beside Kayama and in front of the microphone.

Closing my eyes, I took in a breath and then opened them with a calm, stoic expression on my face. " Today is quite an important one for us First Years, it's our first U.A. Sports Festival, there are many Heroes in the stands today that will be scouting for the upcoming Internships. So... I hope everyone does their best out there today, not just to impress the Heroes in the stands, but to impress yourself. Because I hope I speak for all of us First Years when I say that I will certainly be trying my best to get onto that podium. I hope you all have a good Sports Festival Today! " I exclaimed as I didn't have much of a change in my expression as it was what was hiding my absolute terror at speaking in front of so many people.

Now I know how Amajiki feels when talking to just a small amount of people.

" Wow... so there's more than just that overconfident jerk in Class A?! "

" That was such a motivational speech for a girl with a face that didn't even change in expression through it! "

" Yeeah!! Let's do this! "

" How nice of a Hero Course student to include all of the first years and not just those in the Hero Course. "

I was happy, surprised and even proud of myself that I could make a good motivational speech; Not even I thought that would go as well as it did to be honest, but I'm glad to be surprised by this.

Tomura is definitely going to poke fun at me for doing a Hero esque speech as if I'm All Might, but it definitely worked for it's purpose and so I can deal with that later on. Plus, I wonder if Tomura is watching the Sports Festival right now?

He said he would, so... hopefully?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

" Now, without any delay, let's get the first event started. " Midnight announced as we watched the large screen buzz to life while waiting to see what it would show with quiet anticipation.

" Everything at U.A.'s always without delay. " Uraraka commented with a deadpan expression.

It was a few moments later when Midnight continued on, " These are the qualifiers! It's in this stage that so many are sent home crying every year!! " Midnight spoke while still having her back from the screen before turning to look at it.

" And the fateful first event this year is... " Midnight drawled out.

'Obstacle Course Race' " This! " She announced just as I thought of what the event would be as the text appeared on screen with the exact words I had thought of just moments ago.

" An obstacle course...! " Midoriya quietly exclaimed while I intently watched Midnight and the screen while going over my plan once more.

• Use Rabbit to quickly hop up and over the shoulders of the other students before my feet can be frozen yo the floor by Todoroki,
• Once out of the tunnel, use Fierce Wings to fly up and over the Robots before landing and running,
• Make sure to get 2nd Place and let Midoriya place 1st.

" It's a race between every member of all eleven classes! The course is a four-kilometer lap around The Stadium itself! Our School preaches freedom in all things! Heh heh heh... So as long as you don't go off the course, anything is fair game! " Midnight explained the rules to us.

" Racers to your positions... "

Everyone crowded near the entrance to the Obstacle course, with a breath in I thought about how Mirko looked and what her quirk allowed her to do, feeling a sharp feeling of pins and needles around my ears and tailbone as my hearing quickly sharpened from the ringing.