Entry No. 7

I could feel Dante let down his resolve... I sighed... He had found Aphmau... I knew he was extremely worried about what happened.. I had been with Levin as we discussed everything I may have missed. I soon told Levin to go to the gate.. I knew he'd be happy to see his mom again...

"I probably just need some fresh air, a lot has happened today.." I said with a sigh.

I got up to head to the door only to see Aphmau and Levin... I quickly pushed past them and rushed to Dante, only to find Laurence with him.

"Sparring... Please I need to be away from here.." I begged.

Dante nodded and we all left to Kiki's barn. It was pretty run down but a nice place to spar and be away from people.

"How about we test old Laurence here? It's been a bit since he's sparred with you," Dante asked with a chuckle.

Laurence readied his sword, "Sounds interesting."

I readied my sword, waiting for him to start the attack. He came at me, slightly angling his sword. I angled mine just right to clash with his from below and sweep it up. He almost lost his grip but quickly pulled it back, as he did I circled my sword around him so I was then standing behind him locking his arms down and my sword to his neck.

"Well done," Laurence said trying to cover up the fear.

"I feel so proud," Dante said in his joking dad tone.

"Don't get to cocky Dante, I don't want to make Nekoette fatherless," I said.

He gulped in return, only making me chuckle.

"We uh.. should get back.. Kawaii Chan will want me back for dinner," Dante nervously chuckled.

"Go on Dante, I'm sure you've been working to much while I've been gone," I said with a chuckle.

He nodded before leaving. I looked back at Laurence and smiled... I like joking with him and sparring... I had missed him so much while he was gone.

"What? Did you miss my good looks?" He asked.

I giggled and punched him in the shoulder softly. Laurence looked down at me before looking off in the direction Dante left.

"I'm glad Dante was here, I don't know what I would've done if we came back and you were all alone.." Laurence said more seriously.

"Laurence," I called.

"I know you would take care of yourself, you have Malachi to stick around for.. I just mean that.. I wouldn't want you to live alone for 15 years.. it's not good for anyone," Laurence explained.

"Why don't you head back? You haven't seen much of the town have you?" I asked.

"No, but-" he was cut off.

"Don't worry about me, I think I'll stay out here for a little longer," I explained, "go ahead."

He begrudgingly nodded before walking off. I was happy to see everyone, but I was still worried about Travis. I continued to think as I practiced my stances. I realized it was starting to get pretty late and headed back to my home. I looked over towards the dock to see Malachi's ship had just gotten back and rushed over. I waited for them to dock before seeing Malachi. We both immediately hugged each other. It didn't matter how old he got, we always hugged each other after a trip.

"I didn't know you had left on a trade meeting," I said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, we were starting to get low on supplies," he explained.

"I'm proud of the man you've become Malachi..." I said starting to tear up.

"Mom," he called as he pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry, I just missed you," I said wiping away my tears.

We went back home and talked just about all night about our adventures. Malachi seemed particularly interested in mine. I was in the middle of talking about Travis when he chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, so what happened to this Travis?" He asked.

"He actually.. Disappeared," I explained.

I hadn't forgotten about what had happened, but it still hit me like a truck as I spoke those words.

"Well, I still have some cake from Kawaii Chan, mind joining me?" He asked, obviously trying to distract me.

"That sounds great Malachi," I said with a sad smile.

We sat and ate cake. It was nice to just be with Malachi. I could tell Malachi was hoping something back though... Like he wanted to say something.

"Malachi," I said with a sigh, "What is it you are wanting to say?"

He seemed to only look away as I looked at him.

"How are you doing? With Aphmau here and all," he asked.

"We haven't talked," I said, almost dodging the question.

"But how are you doing with her around?" He asked, finally looking me in the eyes.

I looked down shamefully, "It's not easy."

We sat in silence.

"But the more important thing to me is that everyone is back," I said with a sigh.

"Garroth... He sacrificed himself for us..."

The thought rang through my ears... I tried to pass over it...

"Malachi... I... I gotta go," I stammered before getting up and almost tripping.

I quickly ran up the tree to find everyone was sleeping. I hated being like this but I shook Laurence awake.

"Laurence," I called, trying to stay at least somewhat quiet.

He quickly woke up and stared at me questioningly.

"What did you mean by Garroth sacrificed himself?" I asked, forgetting to stay quiet due to fear.

"What are you talking about?" Laurence asked groggily.

I pulled Laurence closer by his collar, "How did Garroth sacrifice himself?"

"He's still in the Irene dimension," Laurence said with a hint of fear.

I got up before noticing I had woken up several people... The most noticeable being Aphmau.. I shook my head before rushing down the stairs and to the gate.