Entry No. 33

Malachi was not a happy camper when he figured out about my crying in the woods and immediately got me to rest. I could hear him from even upstairs though.

"Thank you for keeping her company! And for keeping her safe!" Malachi said.

"It's no problem, Malachi," Vylad responded.

"I don't just mean today," Malachi said.

"What do you mean?" Vylad asked.

"She may not have said your name... But I know it's you. The man who made her the boat... Saved her from the nether... She talked about you all the time when I was growing up. I even remember the times she'd look out at the ocean and feel guilty about... Or when she'd wake up from a nightmare of you being tortured."

Vylad stayed quiet... 

"Please continue to. I've heard word of everyone traveling soon. Please make sure she's-"

"I don't think Y/n and I will be departing at the same time as everyone else. We have a ship so we might meet them a couple of days after. Y/n needs to rest. She's gone through a lot recently and she hasn't had time to process it," Vylad said.

"Well then... My point still stands," Malachi said.

"I understand. I promise I will keep her safe."

I pulled the covers over my head. When I had awoken, Malachi was downstairs looking over paperwork. I made myself a cup of coffee. 

"Sleep well?" Malachi asked.

I nodded. "Do I look any better?"

He smiled, "Much. Thank you for resting."

"I've missed you," I said as I hugged him from the side and sat down next to him.

"I have too," Malachi said sorrowfully.

"Malachi..?" I called in my motherly tone of worry. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just going to miss you and all. The settlement is a huge deal," he explained.

"I know it is. And if I was being honest, a large part of me does not want to leave," I said.

I had thought about it a lot. I wanted to be here, where it was safe... But I also had a feeling I'd regret it if I didn't spend time with Aphmau before she knew everything.

"But something is making you want to," Malachi guessed.

I nodded.

"Hey! You know what!" he said excitedly.

"What?" 

"We could send those magickal letters!" he said.

I smiled. When I was gone for a long time we would send letters through my magicks. It was something simple Lucinda taught me. 

I smiled, "That's perfect. Make sure that if Levin wants he can send one too. I can always rush over if you need help."

"I will. But... Have you decided when you're leaving?" Malachi asked.

I sighed. "I honestly don't know. I might leave a day after them."

"Isn't there only one map though?" Malachi asked.

"I think I know where the island is actually," I said.

"Then we will make sure that your ship is stocked with supplies."

I smiled and kissed Malachi on the forehead.

Every time I had to leave Pheonix Drop it was hard. They didn't exactly NEED me anymore though. Now every settlement had grown to be self-reliant. The thing was though... I think I may have been the one who needed THEM now.