Entry No. 17

The music played and I slowly walked down the isle... I needed to keep my cool.. But also... I needed Laurance to get as angry as possible... I walked past Laurance and I tried so hard not ball my eyes out.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

I made it to Fenrir and we both took deep breaths.

"I couldn't come up with anything," I whispered.

"Gathered here under the glow of our Lunar Goddess, we come together to celebrate a love like no other," the King said.

I looked over to Laurance... Our eyes locked and as soon as they did I could see the tears at the edge of his eyes fall. I hated this... I needed this to stop.

"Two different beast tribes together for the first time in history, uniting to bring prosperity to our land!" The King continued. "Fenrir, son of the moon... Do you take this beautiful flower of the sun, Y/n to be your wife? To love and to protect, to hold and cherish, to transcend the barriers of light with?"

"I... I do," Fenrir said.

I could feel Laurance's magicks grow.... Come on Laurance..

"To solidify this union as one, let them share the kiss of destiny," the King said.

Fenrir leaned towards me and I felt his lips graze against mine... Just as he had almost went through with it, Laurance transformed. Fenrir held his arm in front of me, ready to protect me.

"I won't let you take her like this, not without going through me first!" Laurance shouted, his voice seemingly corrupted.

"Wh-What the? He's a Shadow Knight?! You fools! Kill him now!" The King ordered.

The wolves tried to attack Laurance, but he easily defeated them. I dragged Fenrir and his mother away from the edge and watched as Laurance inched closer to the King. Before I knew it... He fell right off the edge..

"Well, that was not as messy as I was hoping for," Laurance said. "Now for you."

I held my arm out in front of Fenrir, "Laurance, stop! He's not a bad person!"

"I don't care!" Laurance said.

"This isn't you! This isn't my Laurance! He would never kill so senselessly!" I yelled.

"I will kill him and everyone who tried to hurt you! This is just a side of me you've never met. You have no idea who I am," Laurance replied.

"Laurance!" I said.

I quickly wrapped my arms around him and kissed him. I longed for him as soon as he was in danger... I couldn't bare all of this... He melted into the kiss, kissing me back several times. He pulled himself away from me a bit, still being held in my arms though.

"Y/n, you didn't have to do that," Laurance said, his voice no longer corrupted.

I smiled back at him, "I wanted you to remember the Laurance I know. I didn't want to see you in pain like that anymore... I'm sorry- I shouldn't have-"

"Shh... Calm down, you have nothing to be sorry for," Laurance said as he brought my head to his chest, holding me close. "I should've never allowed you to see me like that. I'm so sorry.."

"Laurance... Can we just-?" I started.

He transformed back into his normal form.. I looked around to see Ylva and Fenrir gone. I found them near the edge...

"Y/n, you need to get out of here now," Ylva said.

"Ylva, I-" I started.

"You need to leave this place... Here, take the keys the dungeon," she said as she handed me the keys. "Call me cold if you will, but... with my husband gone, many more lives have been spared than what was taken here. Fenrir is about to break... He may not have liked his father as a person but he loved him. I know my son. You need to get out of here. Take Katelyn, Aphmau, and Abby. Go. I will buy you as much time as I can. There's a secret exit in the dungeon in a cell four on the wall, use it before the guards swarm the castle. Go now!"

"I will.... I promise, I'll be back to help... Lady Ereni will be back to help," I said.

She smiled at me, "We'll need her after this.. Now child go... The others cannot stay."

I nodded and I rushed off with Laurance. We rushed down to the cellar and we got everyone out of their cells. We searched the walls for the exit and Abby was able to find it. We ran far before we took a break.

"Tell me now, what happened back there? How did you get the key?" Abby asked.

"Fenrir and I were getting married and he had you, Aphmau, Katelyn and Laurance to hold over our heads so we spuld actually get married since you were all people we both deeply cared about.. Laurance was there at the wedding and he transformed into a Shadow Knight and killed the King... And Ylva the Queen gave me the key before we were all brutally murdered," I explained.

"W-Whoa... A-Are you serious? I thought I was taken prisoner because I refused the King's request to be a hired mercenary for him but... This is worse.." Abby said. "I... I can't be held responsible for any of this... I have to go.."

She ran off into the forest.

"Abby wait! Jeffory yor father! I told him I would-!" I shouted..

The word Jeffory made Katelyn run after Abby.. Aphmau followed after Katelyn, and Laurance separated as well.. I followed after Laurance..

"Look at me... I'm a monster," Laurance said as he stared at his reflection.

"Laurance... You're not a monster," I protested.

"You're only saying that because you want to wish it were not true, but it is. This is reality and-" Laurance rambled.

"Stop it... They would've killed you.." I said.

"I-I guess... that's true but... I just can't..." He muttered.

"Please.. just stay calm and don't dwell on it? If you do then it's only going to end up worse-" I started.

"And that's not the Laurance you know is it? The Laurance you kissed?" He questioned.

I stood there for a moment...

"Take my mind off things.. You kissed me.. You don't often show interest... You constantly have a reason not to be open to love... then... that magical moment happens... whenever I need to pull myself back together... You just tend to kiss me. A moment that I swore would be under different circumstances... I... Honestly did not see it coming... Even though you always do it," he rambled. "The woman I love placing her lips on mine.. It brought me back, I even swore it was a dream for a moment.."

"Laurance I... I'm sorry that I feel-" I started.

"No. Stop. Look at me and hear the words I am about to say to you. I... Love you... However, there is someone who is my friend that also has feelings for you... Garroth. My first trip to Pheonix Drop.. On the last day I was there Garroth had come up to me just as I was departing. He had made mention that I should not act so 'ungentleman-like' around you.. Which means he didn't want me to flirt with you. I told him right then and there that I had every intention of taking your heart and sweeping you off your feet and... when I said that... he.. told me of his feelings for you as well.." Laurance explained.

"He did?" I asked.

"Yes. I had asked him why he didn't just take you for himself and he said he didn't know how and that he was too shy to. I told him that I would give him some time but when I came back if he wasn't with you then you were mine. Obviously, I ended up becoming a part of Pheonix Drop myself. Garroth and I grew closer as friends and even called each other 'brother' along with Dante. I told Garroth many times that he needed to tell you how he felt, heck.. I even went as far as trying to help him," Laurance explained further.

"Why?" I asked.

"I respect and care for him as my friend. I value the people I care about... even if their values hurt me sometimes.. However, I cannot keep this up anymore... I love you and after that, I want you," Laurance said clearly. "Heh, don't fall for me just yet... Though I won't stop you if you have... If I took you now... It would shatter Garroth, not only that but it would be such and underhanded thing to do... For someone he calls brother to whom he has confided so many times in... to take the woman he also lives after he sacrificed himself to save me and the others...? I will not take you just yet... unless you want me to."

I blushed, thinking of every context of that... Every context as his want for me.... I needed to decide soon.... Who did I want to be with?