Entry No. 36

I wanted to put out a quick sorry for the updates not being put out. I git a bit carried away by some things in my life and haven't been able to put in time like I'd wished.

I was officially moved in, and had set up a space for Dmitri. I came out into the main part of the house to find Vlyad setting up the kitchen.

"Vylad, if you wanted, I did make sure there was a space for you. It's the space in the attic so no one would go up there. Plus it made it easier for your escapes... You don't have to take it though," I explained.

He simply put down the plates and hugged me. "Thank you."

"Of course. I wouldn't want you camping around, Irene know's where, when you didn't have to. I thought you might like to have a home," I explained.

He smiled down at me. The moment felt so intimate. To be honest, my home in Pheonix Drop had always felt like our place.

"It should be our home," I mumbled. "The last one was our place so-"

He slightly gripped on to my arm and pulled me closer. It was then that we kissed. It was so sweet and loving. It wasn't one of passion or heat, it was one of pure unconditional love. I kissed him back, and a moment after I had done so he pulled away.

"I um. I'm sorry. Thank you for the space. I should go get my things to move in," he said, rushing out the door.

The door closed and I stood there for a moment in silence. There had been moments like these scattered about since he had gotten back from the nether. Moments where we would come together only for him to build his walls up again. I blamed myself for a moment. I was sure that it had to be partially due to the fact that I had no clue who I was interested in most and had been tailing relationships on for so long... Guilt swept over me. But further guilt was found in the fact that I couldn't possibly do anything about it right now. I couldn't possibly choose someone. I loved them all.

A knock was heard at the door and I rushed to answer it. To my surprise, it was actually just Dmitri, Dante, and Aphmau. Dmitri looked sorrowful for a moment.

"Not happy to see me?" I asked.

"Ah... You see, Dmitri was really looking forward to staying at the guard station with the other guards," Dante explained.

"That's right! I'm gonna be a guard, I should stay with Laurance and the others!" Dmitri chirped.

They argued for a few minutes before Dmitri ran off. Dante immediately stressed about the situation, rushing after him. Behind the mayhem, I saw Zoey and Isabell. Both had bags in hand. I had forgotten about Isabell in planning...

"Zoey, Isabell! Come in," I said. "I have rooms for both of you."

"You didn't have to do that Y/n, I'm used to camping," Isabell said.

"I have the space Isabell, once we are all a bit more settled you are free to move into a house of your own. But please, let me give you a warm bed," I explained.

"Best not to argue with her," Zoey said.

"The same goes for you Zoey, if you want you can always move out at any time," I explained.

"I know, Y/n, and I'm happy to live with you again," Zoey said, making her way inside.

Isabell followed behind and I showed them to their rooms. Because of how close the two had seemed to get after the arrival of Lilith, I had them in rooms nearby one another and with an exit out of the house.

"I'm sure that they've found Dmitri by now, so I'm off to find him. Let me know if either of you need anything," I said.

"Thank you, Y/n," Zoey said.

"Excited to meet him!" Isabell said.

I made my way to the portal to find Dante giving Dmitri a goodbye. They hugged close and Dante looked up to see me.

"Stay close with Y/n, listen to her. She knows what's best," he explained.

Dmitri nodded.

"And now son, your a guard. Trust her, but also protect her," Dante joked.

I laughed at Dante's remark. I knew how that would change Dmitri's views, and make him more serious.

"I am just the other side of this portal when you need me," Dante said.

The two hugged one last time, and Dante walked through the portal. Dmitri turned back to me.

"Where's my post?" He asked.

I giggled, pulling him close by his shoulder and walking him back to our home. I showed him to the room closest to the shore and the front door. From there, he could "stand post".

"This place is great!" He said.

"Don't run off into the forest alone, but I will be putting some trust in you to run about the settlement. If you want to be a guard, you'll have to learn your surroundings," I explained.

"Yes ma'am!" He said with a smile.

I chuckled, "Now unpack your things, I'll make us some dinner."

He nodded and I left him to unpack. The house was only about half full, but it felt more like a home. Even though I had it furnished before everyone arrived, it hadn't felt like a home. It was just a space. Now that it held a family, it was a home.