Entry No. 25

I run ahead of the two and found no one... I found the ship... But no one... No one that was Malachi, Levin, or Zoey... Just Bright Port guards. A guard handed me Malachi's green scarf.

"No!" I yelled. 

Not my baby. No way he would've taken this off willingly. I had given him this scarf long ago. I searched the wreckage and found purple hair in it. Michi. There were trails left behind and a guard had gone to look for them. She explained to me that it was a raft... They had been taken... I grabbed Aphmau by her arm and dragged her off toward our boat. 

I found Vylad at the ship, ready for us to depart. He could see the look on my face, and he prepared to leave immediately. We got on the boat and Vylad hugged me.

"What's wrong?" Vylad asked.

"Malachi, Levin, Zoey... They were kidnapped," I said.

"We have to get back to Pheonix Drop and see if we can find anything or anyone to help," Aph said.

"What do you mean!? There are with Michi! I know it, you know it!" I shouted. 

Vylad still set us for Pheonix Drop.

"We should get help," Vylad said. "I know you don't want to waste time, but getting help will help not to."

We docked at Pheonix Drop and Aphmau and Dante met up and started to discuss a search. They rushed off with each other.

"Vylad, we have to go, they have another ship, they'll meet us there," I said.

"Vylad..." Laurance called from behind me.

"It's been a long time," Vylad replied.

"Yeah..." Laurance said. "I though you would still be a prisoner, but from what I hear things in the Nether have changed."

"Indeed they have," Vylad sighed.

"Vylad, I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you... I know you went through a lot. Everything just happened so sudden when Ungrth broke the realm barrier and found me... Next thing I know I was escaping back to the Overworld," Laurance explained. "I know I told you I was going to help you and... I'm sorry I was not able to fulfill that promise."

"Promise?" I questioned.

"I didn't know anything about you anyway. Aside from the fact that you were the only one who came to speak with me," Vylad said.

What?

"It's just... You saved the Overworld from Gene's plan with your actions and I commend you for-" Laurance started.

"I don't need a thanks. There are other issues at hand. Y/n, I'm ready when you are," Vylad said.

I was torn. I wanted to know what was going on. How exactly did they know each other?

"Are you okay?" I asked Laurance, stepping away from Vylad a bit.

"I knew him... That day I saved you and the Chicken Shaman from the Nether... I ran to the Nether Portal ready to make my escape when... Vylad was there, he was surrounded by the bodies of his fellow Shadow Knights... That he slayed. He looked at me and... I knew what he was about to do... He was going to break it," Laurance explained.

"What?" I asked.

"He never told me exactly. I often wondered if it was to save you who had just escaped or he was planning it all along and then was the perfect time to do it... Either way, I knew there was no escaping for me. I was too wounded and Shadow Knights trailed my steps. He had no choice but to break it then and there..." Laurance explained. 

"I'm sorry... You must have-"

"I didn't die in the Nether... Not all Shadow Knights are born that way. There are other methods... more painful," he said.

"You're here me now though," I sighed, hugging him.

"And I love every minute of it. It makes me forget about those times. Now... Tell me what happened that Dante went running off," Laurance asked.

"Well, I actually have to run off about it as well now... Malachi, Levin, and Zoey were kidnapped... I want to stay, but I have to go," I said.

"I understand. Go. We will try to assemble a team and go out looking as well as soon as we can," Laurance said. "Thank you for checking up on me."

I smiled and nodded before hopping back on the ship with Vylad. We drove off.

"You haven't told me a lot," I said.

He stayed quiet. 

"Thank you," I said. "Thank you for risking it all to save me. Thank you for closing the barrier, even if it seemed like a terrible thing... Thank you."

"You're welcome," he said as he guided the ship.

"You don't have to lie or hide things from me. I get it if it has something to do with Hyria or my past... But you can tell me about yourself," I said.

"As if you didn't already know it without my telling you?" he joked.

I laughed, "I may have known the brother thing..."

"I know," he muttered. "Thank you for caring."

"Hm?" I questioned.

"You had me the moment I broke. You held me and made me feel as though everything would be alright even though my world was crumbling. I will remember that you didn't tell me my brothers were still stuck in the Irene Dimension, but still. When she lied to me, you came to me first. No one has done that for me in a very long time," he explained.

I hugged onto him from behind. I watched as we sailed toward's Michi's island at dusk. We were going to get Malachi, Levin, and Zoey... And everything was going to be alright. 

By the time we made to Michi's no one was there. We searched the house and on the table we found a map of a village called Nahakra.

"They must have been taken there, it's a town full of thieves and bandits, an easy place to hide from the law," Vylad explained.

I nodded and we set off.