Entry No. 19

After a short nap, I woke up to Nicole kicking Laurance out of my room.

"I understand she is gorgeous, and you love her and all that, but you had your time lover boy," she said as she closed the door and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Nicole?" I yawned out.

"I'd say you two should get a room, but you already did," she joked.

"Nicoleee," I groaned, hiding under the covers.

"You shouldn't have to hold back," she said more seriously. "I can tell you're at the very least falling for him."

"You know I can't though. It's more complicated than that. There are more people then just him and I don't want to hurt anyone," I explained.

" I know it's tough on you... All joking aside, the point I'm trying to make is... Don't wait... Trust me, don't make excuses to wait on something..." She said, starting to tear up as she thought about Dante. " because if you do then you'll find that the one you truly love has moved on without you and you'll spend more every day wondering "What if I had not been a stubborn Jerk? Would I be happy with him?""

I leaned forward and wiped her falling tears. Nicole quickly stepped back and rushed out, making a bad excuse for everything. I got up soon to find Kiki and Leona were over as well. As Aphmau and Kiki talked, I played with Leona. I forgot how much I missed these two as well. Leona had grown so much since the last time I'd seen her. Before I knew it though, Aphmau was taking everyone off to Pheonix Drop. As they left via boat, I ended up leaving back to Michi's home via horse. It took a long time, but I was happy to find the rest of my things aboard the ship. As I travelled back home, I thought of how Aphmau told me of Thorgi's death... I wished I could have told her that in my dimension... All of them lived there as versions of their peak selves. I wished I could've told her. 

"Pull off to the Brightport docks." Vlyad's voice said.

I quickly did so. Whether I'd be seeing Vlyad or getting something from him, I needed to do whatever it was, be wherever he needed me. I had left him alone too long. I pulled into port to find him... Standing there. His hair was ragged and a little longer than I last remembered it. He had aged, but not as much as everyone in the overworld... I quickly dropped anchor and hopped of the boat, straight into his arms. He just barely caught me, but still fell back so we were both laying down on the dock. 

I giggled, "It's you! It's you! It's really you!"

"Quiet down, you don't have to get that excited," he said.

I haven't seen you in the flesh in so long. Seeing you in my dimension is just worrying but... here... I just-" I said cutting myself off by wiping my tears.

Vlyad wiped away my tears for me, "Don't cry. I'm here. Come on, smile for me. It might make the back pain you caused me by slamming me into the deck disappear."

I smiled down at him before laying my head down so I could hear his heartbeat. I smiled from ear to ear... He was home. 

"You know, act like this and I'll end up in your harem," he joked.

I quickly got up and off of him and tried to hide my blush. 

"Why are you here anyway? I thought you had buisness to take care of?" I asked.

"Well, for now, it should be handled. Plus, me not looking after you has ended up with you almost getting married, killing a king, made a target by the new king, been hunted by shadow souls.... and... There was something else.." he thought aloud.

"Fine. I get the point. So... Are you back?" I asked.

He nodded, and I just smiled. I could feel a lot of worry and pressure that I'd been carrying just.... Fall right off my shoulders.

"Well then, we should get off to Pheonix Drop before everyone worries," he said  stepping toward the ship.

"You mean? You're... back, back?" I asked.

"I thought you got that point by now," he said. "At the very least... I might actually need to do a training and... actually needing help exercise with you," he said, making me question things.

We boarded the boat and he took the reigns for me.

"I mean, I need your healing," he explained.

"Understandably, I've heard from Sasha that things weren't easy in the nether... and Zenix.." I thought aloud.

"I suppose there isn't much to catch up on then," he joked.

I sighed as we reached the docks.

"I'll meet with you later," he said, dteppin away from the wheel.

"I know, I know. You have a thing for being in the shadows," I noted.

He just simply smiled back at me before disappearing like he always does. I arrived back to the docks to find Dmitri there.... Oh no. Before him stood Kawaii Chan... Oh no. Kawaii Chan looked over to Aphmau, noticing her ears. She quickly went off with Aphmau to talk in private. I looked over to Malachi and grabbed him by the arm.

"Keep Dmitri entertained, and keep an eye on him... He's sneeky. I have to talk to Dante," I whispered.

"Right... I forgot that-" he said before cutting himself off.

"This is Dante's moment to come clean like I had asked for years, I don't want to be the one to ruin things," I explained.

He nodded, "He should be patrolling at the outer wall."

I rushed off to the old wall to see him walking across the top, looking out over the edge. I climbed the ladder up to him. As he looked at me, he seemed to go pale in the face. Dante was no stranger to my anger. I always tried to keep him in his place when he would cause any trouble or just make poor decisions.

"Dante." I said.

I thought... Had Nicole ever told him about Dmitri?