Entry No. 12

I anxiously waited for Aph... She had gone back to Pheonix Drop to make sure they were okay after the Shadow Souls attack... I had been held back to help take care of Cadenza, but I was worried about Malachi and the others. I came outside for some fresh air when I saw Laurance.

"Laurance," I called, and he immediately looked back at me. "I want to go back to Pheonix Drop."

"I feel like there is a 'but' coming on," Laurance said.

I nodded, "Would you stay back? I want you and Katelyn to keep Kenmur and Emmalyn safe."

"Lady Y/n, I can't just-" Laurance protested.

"Please? I've had a lot of training since you've been gone... I promise I'll stay safe," I said.

He sighed, "You know I can't argue with you.... Fine. But I'm getting those two out of here as soon as possible."

I smiled at him, he understood what this meant to me. He walked with me to the stables and then to the edge of town.

"Please, stay safe?" He asked once more.

"I promise," I repeated.

I rode off to Phoenix Drop, catching some strange energy in the forest. I followed the energy to find Sasha.... If Sasha was here... Maybe I could get Vylad out. Sasha put her hands behind her back. We took her into an old cell and Aphmau questioned her.

"Zenix... He has ammased a power so potent, so massive... that he was able to overwhelm so many Shadow Knights... He.. He absorbed them... he was insane... he ws mad! He was.... crazy... Just before he could get me I fled through the nether portal to this world. I was the only one to make it out... That was the first time... In a LONG time, I can say I was actually scared," Sasha explained.

Vlyad... Was he absorbed? Could he have gotten out somehow that Sasha couldn't see? Laurance and Kenmur arrived and.... I rushed them both outside... Kenmur cried out from the pain. After everyone had left, I went on a walk... Finding myself wander straight back to her cell though.

"What do you want?" Sasha asked.

"Are you sure you were the only one to make it out?" I asked, trying to hold back tears.

"I ran as soon as I got out... But there weren't many left after Zenix absorbed them," she explained.

"Did he absorb Vylad?" I asked, my fists clenching.

"I didn't see him absorb Vylad... But he may still have. How do you even know Vylad? Out of all the Shadow Knights... He's the least sociable," Sasha asked.

"I just need to know if he's okay," I said firmly.

He couldn't be gone... No way.

"I don't know, honestly," Sasha said. "He could've escaped... Though he was seriously injured, he was always a crafty kind of guy."

"Do you have a clue as to if the portal is still open?" I asked further.

"I wouldn't tell you if it was," she said.

"And why not?" I questioned, anger filling me.

"Because your one-woman-army, can't handle Zenix... He is powerful," she said.

I slammed my hand against the bars, "Is the portal still open or not?"

"I'm sorry, but I'm done talking for the day.. Stop by tomorrow and maybe I'll answer," she said.

I stomped out of the old guard building. Why wouldn't she give me any clear answers?

"Y/n, are you okay?" Laurance asked.

I took a couple of deep breaths, "Yeah. I'm fine."

"I know you're not telling me the truth," he said. "I'm not some little school girl that wants to spill your secrets to the whole school."

"I just.... Sasha is-" I started to ramble.

Laurance wrapped his arms around me, "Forget about her."

I couldn't... I laid down that night to sleep..

My vision swayed and I was in my realm.. I went into the house, checking the time difference.

"Y/n! There you are, I was wondering when you'd be back. Vylad is here, he's up on the roof waiting for you," Jeffory explained.

I smiled to him, and rushed up to the roof. I looked across the roof to see Vylad sitting on the edge. I rushed up to him and hugged him from behind.

"Careful! Don't want to knock me off the edge, do you?" He yelped.

I giggled, I was just happy to see him again.

"I'm just glad to see you," I said.

I sat down beside him as we looked up at the beautiful multi colored sky.

"Are you safe? I heard about Zenix... Did you make it out? Are you still trapped?" I asked anxiously.

He chuckled, "I'm not dead, though... I have some things to take care before I can see you again. You don't need to worry about me. If you ever need help, you meet me here."

He placed a hand on my shoulder, rubbing it to try and soothe me.

"How can I just not worry about you?" I questioned. "I haven't seen you in so many years.."

"And yet you always find me here," he joked.

"Still.... I just... Are you safe?" I asked, looking over to him.

He looked me in the eye, "I'm fine Y/n."

He smiled at me. His grass green eyes sparkled like I had never seen before....

"I have to go, but I'm around when you need me... Just like the good ole days," he said as he stood up.

He smiled at me once more before he left... I sighed as I looked out at the ground. I could see Jeffory tending to some farmland. I looked towards the courtyard to see.... Garroth? I quickly rushed downstairs and out to the courtyard. Garroth stood below the large tree, seemingly making something. I stepped towards him and he seemed to notice.

"Oh, it's just you Lady Y/n," he sighed.

He seemed to turn back to whatever he was working on before holding it before me. I looked to see it was a beautiful little flower crown. He smiled and placed it on my head.

"I'm not exactly the most creative or crafty person, but I wanted to have something to give you when I saw you next," he said.

He pushed a few hairs behind my ear, his hand keeping its place beside my jaw. I stared up at him, his eyes captivated me every time.

"I feel so stupid for not letting you know how I felt," he said, seemingly upset.

"Garroth, I-" I started.

"If I had, maybe I wouldn't have found you and Laurance kissing out in the forest like that," he mumbled.

"What day?" I questioned, having a hard time remembering.

"It was that day of the baby shower at Kiki's, that morning you were talking with Nicole about how you felt about Laurance-" he explained.

"The day you started locking yourself up and playing sick..." I realized.

I pulled Garroth close to me by his armor. I needed him to understand exactly what happened.

"Garroth. That day, Laurance and I were only at the party. I sensed a magick presence and I knew something was happening...... It must've been an illlusion," I thought.

"I believe you, Lady Y/n," he said, leaning his forehead against mine and smiling. "Tell me about what's happening out there."