Entry No. 37

With the addition of two new families, between Brendan's and Kiki's, the settlement was starting to get a bit further than just a settlement. I wanted to explore a bit of the area on my own, so I made my way through some of the nearby forests. I found Aphmau and Aaron in a clearing. They were having a training session from the looks of it. Aph was holding her own. I saw the way they looked at one another... It was strange how they truly were the same. Even though I felt like I had known Aph and Aaron longer, I knew them as Irene and Shad. I had known very little of Aaron's past.... But I tried my hardest to hear the bits and pieces he shared. As Aphmau had started to break down, I decided it was best to move on. I continued along in my exploration and I found it. I found the rock they used to sit up on. I climbed towards the top and sat myself down. The air felt better up there, lighter. I could understand why they liked it.

"What are you doing out here after dark? You're gonna worry your little guard in training," Travis said.

Travis sat down beside me. He took in the air just as I had.

"This place, it's somewhere the Divine Warriors settled," he said. "That's why you were so terrified, isn't it?"

I nodded, but stayed silent. I could feel Travis's hand find itself on my knee. I looked over toward him, seeing how his hair shone in the moonlight. With a gust of wind, his hair got all messy, reminding me of Enki. I ran my fingers through it lightly.

"I see them everywhere," I explained, looking back out at the ocean. "Here is where I have memories of Shad and Irene... They always sat a top this rock. We all enjoyed this beach, but this was often their spot."

I looked back at him, he hadn't tried fixing his hair. Instead it sat the same.

"And you. Its strange how similar you look, how similar everyone looks," I said softly. "I just don't want things to end up the same."

Travis grabbed me by the shoulder, leaning me into him. "You won't do it all alone again. I promise."

I opened my mouth to start my rebuttal, but when I had Travis simply lifted my chin and stopped the words with his lips. He kissed me reassuringly. I pulled back, and leaned my forehead against his.

"Promise?" I questioned.

"Promise," he held out his pinky to me.

I chuckled and latched my pinky onto his. He lifted it up and kissed it. We stared into each other's eyes for a moment, savoring the silence. The wind blew once more, wiping away a couple of fears with it.

"I should get back home before Dmirti sounds the horns," I joked.

"Let's get you home then," he smiled.

We walked back to the house, Travis making sure to keep me close with it being so dark out. I made it inside that night, and for the first time in a while, slept halfway decent. I woke up as per usual the next day, but as I walked outside to make my rounds, I noticed some of my favourite newlyweds. They were rushing off towards the ruins. Aphmau must've explained some of this island's history.

"Hey you, heard about your exploring after dark. It isn't safe out there alone," Laurance said as he walked up towards my porch.

"It's perfectly safe Laurance, we're the only ones on this island," I explained.

"You don't know that," he said.

Laurance had been stressed a lot lately.

"Laurance?" I called.

He looked back at me, "Yes?"

"Why don't we do a bit more exploring?" I asked. "Try and get you out of your head?"

He sighed, "Suppose since we have  a new guard on duty I could."

We both looked out at Katelyn and Dmitri training on the beach. We made our way out into the woods but we hadn't found anything.

"There has to be something. Now that Emmalyn and Kenmur are here, they're going to find things quick. If I don't beat them to it she'll find out and I'll be-" I rambled on to myself.

I felt a tug at my arm. I looked to find Laurance on the other side of that tug.

"What are you talking about, beautiful?" He asked.

"I-" I stammered.

I wanted to explain. Truly. But every person who knew made things even more dangerous.... and difficult.

"You don't have to tell me if it means that much, but please. Take a breath," he said.

I sighed, doing as he asked.

"If Emmalyn and Kenmur went anywhere, it would be the ruins we found," Laurance explained.

"The ruins! Right! The ruins!" I said.

I started to rush off only for Laurance to hold me back a moment. He was worried about me. Understandably, we truly hadn't seen each other as much since they had come back from the wolf tribe. 

"You don't have to be worried," I said with a sweet smile.

"Funny coming from you. And you know I'm always going to worry. I'm your guard," he explained

"Not my guard, Aphmau's," I joked.

"I love you. Can't go against that one can you," he said.

Though we joked about it, I knew it was real. I knew he loved me. No matter how much time we were or weren't around each other, I knew he loved me. I wanted to be everything to him. I wanted for everything to be just right and perfect for us. I knew that everything else wasn't perfect, but this moment was. I leaned forward and gripped onto his chestplate. Before I could even come in the rest of the way he kissed me. I could tell it pained him to hold back. He locked his lips onto mine, holding me there. He wanted this moment even more than I did. He loosened up tho, pulling away, only to come back for one final kiss first. He pulled back with the biggest smile on his face.

"Alright, now I might be ready for whatever it is that's beneath the ruins," he joked.

I laughed as he took my hand, leading the way to the ruins.