Entry No. 38

Emmalyn, Kenmur, and Aphmau had found something... It was a piece of art of some kind beneath the grounds of a cathedral.

"I'm going to need time to decipher it," Emmalyn explained.

"I thought you knew everything on Lady Irene," Aph noted.

"I've researched all I could, but it'll still take me time," she said.

Aph looked back to us.

"Look who found us," she smiled.

"What did you find?" Laurance asked.

"Just some sort of mural frkm the looks of it," Aph said.

"Laurance, why don't you take Aph back to the settlement?" I asked.

Laurance gave me a strange look. He then seemed to understand, knowing I wouldn't leave until everything was found.

"I can help with the investigation. Zoey and I had to do a lot to find a way to get you all home," I said.

"Alright then, Laurance?" Aph called.

"Yes of course," he said.

They walked out. Emmalyn searched each grain in the stone while Kenmur attended to her. From what I could tell, it was just a portait of Irene and the rest of the Divine Warriors. Each relic ws displayed before the warrior that corresponded. Kenmur and I had brought books to Emmalyn, and I'm sure we had be under there for a good two full days. We barely rested and I occasionally got everyone to eat. When we searched the room further, we realized there had been a grave with the symbol for Kul'zak. Part of me felt at peace knowing he rested here, in a place so far off from anyone's intervention. I found myself sitting near it while Emmalyn theorized by the tapestry. I could feel something within the casket, but I didn't have the heart to even touch it.

"This is it. The place that we were at in the Irene Dimension. I think that she fought the very war here. Well, maybe more so in the Irene Dimension as to contain it. She truly is magnificent," Emmalyn droned on.

When she had gotten everyone together to explain this, another question came to her.... one that had my world go into slow motion...

"Aphmau have you ever considered the idea that you might be Irene!?!?" Emmalyn asking, nearly shaking Aphmau.

Aph looked confused.

"Emmalyn please... Stay on topic," Kenmur said, tired of everything, tired in general from the long night.

I watched as tears made their way to Aph's eyes... Maybe this was her moment of no return..

"If I was Irene then why am I such a failure to open the portal!?!" Aph shouted.

Though I felt relieved for a moment, I did sympathize with her. Garroth was our rock, the core of who we both had become, and right now he was left behind for the slaughter.

"Aphmau," Aaron said, concerned. "Calm down."

"Right."

"Kenmur, please continue," Aaron said.

Though I had been the one to meet Aaron first, had trusted him first, I couldn't now. I wanted to, but I couldn't.  I knew that it was wrong to judge him. But he looked exactly like Shad. He was likely a descendent.

"Yes.. Let me sum this up quickly," Kenmur said.

"If you could. Aphmau needs rest and to be around her friends and child right now," Aaron said.

Any normal person would see Aaron as a good guy for their sister. He truly cared for Aph... Right now, I wasn't a normal person, though.

"Did something happen?" Kenmur asked.