Entry No. 31

We found ourselves in Pikoro Village, in the home of Lucinda. She was talking to Aphmau when we appeared.

"Y/n?" Lucinda questioned.

She ran up and hugged me tight.

A guard came up to announce a person went missing. We all quickly rushed off and while Aphmau and Lucinda talked to Hailey, I decided to do some investigating. I searched near where the mother and child had gone missing. There was a light deep in a cave and I followed it to find some sort of camp. The baby was safe and sound but otherwise was filled with apples... Was it perhaps a possession? I heard a scream and found Aphmau and Lucinda captured in ice. I ran up to them and quickly was trapped as well. Travis quickly appeared out of nowhere and took down the shadow souls and the possession of the mother.

"Y/n... I need you to lend me your strength," Travis said, breaking me out of the ice shell.

"For what?? You saved her!" Aphmau questioned.

"I'm going to rid this land of the warlock who's inhabited it," Travis explained.

"Impossible! No one can do that!" Lucinda shouted.

"I can. My mother did it once before to the Demon Warlock, and I can do it again," he explained. "I just can't do it alone in my current state."

"What do I do?" I asked.

"T-The Demon Warlock...? Wait... How do you-" Lucinda questioned

"Just touch this tomb," he explained.

I nodded and held onto it. I tried to give as much energy as needed to make the spell work. It felt draining, but I continued on. My mind went hazy, but I could feel the warmth start to take over the atmosphere. We did it, but I felt very drained. I fell forward into Travis's arms as the snow dissipated, and my vision blurred. I could feel myself get tossed back into arms that felt electrical... I look up and saw Aaron was the one holding me, and Laurance had a sword to Travis's neck. 

"No," I said groggily.

I lost conscious, I knew that when I woke up in Hailey's house. 

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Lucinda is questioning Travis. She put him in captivity," Hailey explained.

"Why?" I questioned.

"He tried to kill you," Hailey responded. "Cleansing a land like that is fatal. He put your life at risk."

"No... No he saved all of us," I said.

"And he cleansed this land of Ivan's spirit, which Lucinda and I cannot express our gratefulness for. That does not change the fact that he attempted to kill you."

I rushed downstairs.

"Y/n? Where are you going?" Aph asked.

"You should get your rest," Aaron said.

"I'm fixing this, you all don't understand," I said.

I rushed into the church and down the stairs to the cells.

"Y/n! You're awake! I was so worried!" Laurance said as he stood guard.

"I'm sorry Laurance, but have to clear this all up," I said.

I walked up to Lucinda.

"What's going on, he saved us?" I questioned.

"Y/n! You're safe!" she hugged me close. "I was so worried I didn't want to lose you!"

"Why is Travis in captivity?" I questioned.

"He... He had you expel a spirit from the land with him... You do realize that's fatal..?" she asked.

"Yes, I understand. But I am not dead. You know I have magicks," I explained.

"I think you should speak with him. Come talk to me when you make a decision on what he has to say... He's already told me everything, and well... All I can do is act on your judgment," Lucinda suggested.

Lucinda left and I went into Travis's cell.

"Y/n... I'm sorry," Travis said with his head hung low. 

I hugged him close. He felt tortured over this. I could just feel it.

"I wasn't trying to kill you," he explained.

"It got blown out of-" I started.

"I'm a coward," he said, pulling out of the hug and not looking in my direction.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Expelling a spirit from the land is fatal. I've known this. My mother passed away from doing this act... I knew what I was doing when I asked you to lend me your strength."

"Travis..." I called quietly.

He turned to me and looked me in the eye, "But Y/n... Something about you... Deep inside of me, I feel like I knew you wouldn't die. You've told me about your past, and that may be part of it. But ever since I met you I had this feeling. Something about you has always been all too familiar, I've just felt as though I've known you for a much longer time than we've spent together. It's scary... Yet comforting. I'm going to be honest... I purposely allowed you to use the majority of your power to expel the spirit from this land. I KNEW you would NOT die."

I stood quietly... Was it the best idea to explain to him who he really is...? I had told him once before, but he probably thought nothing of it since I was awakening from a memory.

"Look at me and say you don't feel that familiarity. I had never met you in my entire life, but something feels familiar... It's not hate. It's not just love... I just can't place my finger on it," he begged for... something... anything.

I gulped, "I feel it. I've felt it... Since-"

"Please... I am.. So, very sorry... But I needed to do this... I wanted to know if my feeling was correct," he explained, leaning his forehead against mine.

"It was... Travis, I trust you. When everyone was doubting you I didn't listen. I trust you beyond all rationality... I-" 

It felt so hard to explain.

"What are we?" he questioned, pulling back so he could look into my eyes. "For the longest time, I've had this empty feeling. Something I couldn't explain. I know I'm the son of the Demon Warlock, that doesn't phase me. But I've always had this unexplained feeling since... forever. It has only come to the surface with more force since I've met you."

"Go on deary, you know why his heart aches for you. He has that same feeling you once did... Before you knew who you were," said Hyria, her voice echoing through my head.

"Travis... Do you remember when we found Enki's ruins on the island and I passed out? When I woke up I said you were Enki?" I asked.

"Yes... I thought it was something about what you saw," he noted.

I gulped, "It was. I saw Enki... And he looked just like you. I had found a letter from Enki on previous travels... It said that any reincarnation of him would stay on the island..."

"So..." 

"You are either a descendant or... a reincarnation of Enki... It's how we're tied together. It's likely why you had that feeling," I explained, looking away from him.

"I see..."

We stood there for a few moments in silence. Understandably... He had just figured out who he was truly. 

"Travis, I'm so sor-" I started.

He had lifted a hand to my chin and one to my waist, pulling me in. He kissed me. I couldn't remember him actually kissing me before, but it felt so familiar. It could have been that I remembered Enki's kisses... But right now wasn't about the past... was it? This felt like Travis saying thank you. I was enveloped by his warmth as he held me. I didn't want the moment to end.