Entry No. 29

When we arrived back at Pheonix Drop, everyone was exhausted... Even I stayed around to read. Aphmau came rushing back to me only to tell me Emmalyn and Kenmur were getting married?! All of the Pheonix Drop women got together to plan it. It had been way too long since we'd had a celebration like this. Aphmau had sent me back to Meteli to see if she'd make dresses for the wedding or attend. I made my way back to Meteli, only to be greeted by Vincent.

"You didn't give you goodbye kiss, feeling guilty about it so much you came running back?" he joked.

"Actually, I'm here for Cadenza," I chuckled.

"She should be at home now," he said.

I nodded and made my way there.

"Back already?" she asked.

I nodded, "I am here for expertise in sewing. Emmalyn and Kenmur are getting married. Aphmau is planning it and wanted to know if you make the dresses and even attend?"

Cadenza hopped up and rushed to grab materials.

"Of course!! That's amazing! I'm so happy for them! They always really were cute," she said happily.

I laughed, "If you want to work here then I'll stay and come back with you. Maybe you can even bring Zack.."

"I could ask him. Oh! It'd be so nice to see him in a suit! I'm sure Vincent could handle things here for us," she said.

I left her to work. She was too excited and she'd need to focus on sewing. I found Vincent once again, thinking I'd talk to him for Cadenza.

"Really after me now, aren't you?" he joked.

"I wanted to ask if you'd look over the village tomorrow. There is a wedding in Pheonix Drop and Cadenza and Zack are invited," I asked.

"Hmmm... A wedding huh?" he thought, giving me a hard time. "Looking after the village..."

I sighed and grabbed him by the armor, pulling him in. I kissed him, trying to make my point clear, but funny enough made my thoughts foggy. Vincent pushed into the kiss, which pushed me against a wall, he was asserting his place and taking advantage of the moment. I couldn't remember if we had kissed before exactly... But that might've been because my head felt foggy. He pulled back, fingers under my chin making me look up at him. 

"Alright then, I'll do it," he said.

I took a deep breath, taking in that kiss. Lady Irene, he was a good kisser. I was sure I was blushing... Like... A lot.

"What? Got you stunned?" he teased.

Within a few hours, we were gone. I had forgotten how much quicker she was at it now a days... Before I knew it, the bridal party was getting ready and Cadenza handed me my dress.

 Before I knew it, the bridal party was getting ready and Cadenza handed me my dress

The wedding went off without a hitch. Though... I could tell Vylad was upset about something. As the party went on and I danced, I saw Vylad watch me before looking to Aphmau and disappearing. I followed him into the ruins of the town.

"Vylad? What's wrong?" I asked.

"We're all here pretending that everything is okay, even after what happened in O'kahsis," he said.

I hadn't taken a moment to truly think about the fact that that was his home... It was where he was raised, it was where his family lived...

"Vylad..." I said, reaching a hand out to him.

He continued to look away from me, but I still hugged him from behind.

"I'm so sorry," I said. "I didn't think to ask..."

He stayed quiet.

"You don't have to be strong all of the time, it's okay. At this moment you are safe. Even if we fight tomorrow, we have each other right now," I said.

He shifted in his spot before turning around to look at me. His scarf wasn't hiding his face. He stared me in the eyes like we were the only two people in the world. No matter what, he was there. But in this moment I was telling him that no matter what, I was there.

"Y/n..." he said.

"Vylad..." 

The silence was weirdly communicative. We just needed each other at that moment. We had gone through some rough times, but we were always there for each other.

"Hey! Y/n! Can I steal you for a dance?" Travis shouted from afar.

We both snapped out of our spot. Vylad turned back from me.

"I'm going to go take a walk. Go have fun. You know-"

"You like the shadows... Yeah," I sighed.

He left and I made my way to Travis. He was actually a really good dancer, we had a lot of fun.

"Having fun?" he asked.

"Yeah," I chuckled.

"Good. I'm doing my job right then," he said. "Dancing with the loveliest woman at the wedding... How lucky am I?"

I blushed. The songs became slow and we came together, my head against his shoulder. 

"Thank you for coming back for me, for finding me in the first place even," he said.

"Weren't you the one who found me?" I questioned.

"I guess so," he chuckled.

"Mind if I take a turn?" Laurance asked.

"Y/n?" Travis questioned.

I nodded and Travis left.

"You've been hard to catch lately," Laurance said.

"There's just been a lot going on," I replied.

"I know," he said. "I'm sure things will be starting up again tomorrow."

I thought for a moment.

"I don't think I want to go on the next one. There are a few things that I need to do," I said.

"Would you like me to accompany you?" he asked.

"I don't think so. I don't that to be rude of course!" I sped up my words. "It's just... I traveled by myself a lot while you all were gone. You should continue to stick together. I can handle myself."

"If that is what you want.. I'm sure I can't exactly change your mind on it... Can I have a request then?" he asked.

"What request?" I asked.

"Let's spend a lot of time together at this party then. With how our adventures go, I don't know when I'll see you," he said.

I laughed. "Sounds good to me."