Entry No. 16

I walked into the Tavern and sat at the bar.

"What'll it be?" He asked.

"The Wind Scales South East Wolves," I said.

He nodded to me, "I hear you loud and clear. The wind will blow as fast as it can I'm sure, mother nature is tricky eiyh these things  of things. Beg your pardon, I didn't realize you were someone with a Golden Heart. Now, allow me to get you a complimentary drink on the house."

"Thank you," I said.

"Now you be safe, I mean it. Right... Goodnight," he said.

I took the (favourite drink) and drank it. That night, I was able to make it to my realm.

I immediately rushed to my bookshelves. I searched the shelves to try to find something to help me.... But even if I tried to show them a book, they probably wouldn't believe it..

"Need a hand there?" Garroth asked.

I immediately rushed to hug him, almost knocking him over in the process.. I wished he was there to protect me.

"Garroth... I'm trapped into getting married tomorrow," I said.

He pulled apart from the hug and looked me in the eye, "What. Do. You. Mean?"

"Laurance, he might get executed because of his feelings and this stupid meifwa traded us in and now I've been chosen to marry and everything is wrong and I'm scared.." I explained.

He brought me back into the hug and ran his fingers through my hair.

"It'll be okay, you'll find a way out. Laurance will find a way," he said, trying to calm me.

I wrapped my arms around him, before feeling myself get pulled out of the realm.

I woke up to a worried Fenrir.

"You had me worried sick! Where were you? You just disappeared... I thought that you abandoned everything last night," Fenrir questioned.

"I-I went to Ereni's dimension... I guess I just disappeared this time," I thought aloud. "I would never leave everyone like that."

"I wouldn't blame you for trying to escape but.. You'd be killing everyone in the dungeon by doing so," Fenrir said sorrowfully.

"I couldn't ever do that, heck... If it meant it would free everyone without harm, I would willingly marry you at this point," I explained.

"We're being forced to marry today," Fenrir said as he stared at the fire.

I could feel my breath quicken out of fear....

"No one has come through for Abby.. No that we know at least... We might have to get used to the idea of our marriage.. I mean, I wouldn't fully be against the idea except for the fact that there are so many other things that make this so wrong," he explained.

"Wait? Are you saying you're not against the idea of us getting married?" I questioned.

"If the situation were right and no one was harmed, yeah... I could be for the idea," he said shyly as he looked away.

I could feel myself blush... I mean.. He was attractive... But we couldn't focus on this right now.

"Oh look at you two lovebirds!" Mino said. "I knew you two would get along if we locked you in this room together!"

"Oh I uh... Yes, isn't that right dear?" I asked as I hugged onto his side.

"Oh yes... Is there something important that you had to interrupt our... bonding time?" Fenrir said with a beet red face. "If you don't mind... I'd like to go back to admiring my fiance.."

"Look at you two! You two are so cute," Mino said. "Now if the blushing bride will follow me, we have much work to do for you! We gotta get you dressed and rehearse a bit- this is going to be great! Come outside when you're ready! I'll let you two say your last goodbyes before you're married! Tee-hee!"

Mino walked outside and I sighed. I looked over to see Fenrir lost in thought.

"We have no more time to plan.. Even if we do marry today... We'll find a way to get everyone else out safely... And we'll just...." he sighed.

"Agreed. Push comes to shove... That will be our only other goal," I agreed.

We looked each other in the eye once more. He looked so hopeless... It seemed as though he was more upset he couldn't help me though... I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'll see you soon," I said.

"Yeah," he softly smiled.

I walked off with Mino and I sat in a large room when Ylva found time for us to be alone, luckily as a last stitch effort. She truly wanted to help me.

"Well? Were you and my son able to find someone to help?" She asked.

"We don't really know," I said, as I looked back down at the vanity.

"I'm sorry to hear that. The wedding is i a few hours... I've heard no word from Lowell. I reall wish I could help more, I do," she explained.

"How did you handle... it?" I asked.

"My husband and I.. when we were younger, we were indeed forced to marry to bring peace between the wolf tribes at the time. We both didn't want to but... forced marriages have been a part of many villages across the land. However we are the only wolf tribe who continues to practice this... I hope it changes one day. My husband was a good man at the time, so we eventually found love. Though... recently, he's become twisted. He's no longer the man I once loved and now.. I just.. want things to go back to normal. He's a monster," she explained.

"I'm sorry... It seems like you two really were happy once," I commented.

"We were... but.. things change. In any case, if there is anything K can do for you as a last request? Of course I can't take you outside the castle but perhaps I can bring you something to eat...? drink...? Read?" She asked.

"Can you bring me something read? Maybe? Anything on Divine Warriors or Werewolf history really..." I requested.

"I'll go check the library. In the meantime my ladies in waiting will be tending to you getting ready for the wedding. If it helps at all... I bet you'll look beautiful in your wedding dress," Ylva said.

The girls came in and got me ready. They helped me with my hair and dress... I looked in the mirror... I did look pretty, but yet... I still felt sad.

Ylva brought me the book and I looked at myself once more in the mirror

Ylva brought me the book and I looked at myself once more in the mirror. As everyone left the room I started to cry.... I carefully wiped my tears before sitting down and opening up the book. Ylva had noted that it was the only book on Irene. As I read, it seemed like yet another researcher finding one simple thing and turning it into something it's not. Not many books I read anymore were often true... I sighed as I closed up the book.

"Look at you! Oh I could just eat you up sweetheart," Mino said.

He held out his elbow to me and I latched mine to his.

"Well before we head out I have some fantastic news for you! The King was kind enough to allow your Laurance to attend the wedding! Unfortunately we cannot allow your Katelyn or Fenrir's Abby to attend, but Laurance was a special case! Of course he's gojng to be restrained for obvious reasons... But how perfect is it that he gets to see you getting married before he dies! At least he'll know you're happy!" Mino said.

If I played my cards right.... This was actually perfect.... All it would take is one angry Shadow Knight.