Entry No. 20

"WHERE IS MY SON!? I'M GOING TO MURDER HIM FOR NOT LISTENING TO HIS MOTHER!" Nicole shouted as she arrived at the Pheonix Drop docks.

I sighed, "Please calm down."

"I'M NOT JUST GOING TO LET ANY GUARDS KNOW THAT MY OWN SON STOWED AWAY ON A SHIP RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE!" Nicole continued.

"I'm guessing my letter didn't even make it to you before you came this way," I thought.

"I FIGURED UT OUT AS SOON AS I WENT TO HIS ROOM TO APOLOGIZE TO HIM ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO COME TO PHEONIX DROP AND HE WASN'T THERE! THE BRAT EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO DRAW A FACE ON HIS PILLOW TAUNTING ME! I SWEAR WHERE IS HE!?!" Nicole continued further.

I grabbed her hand and whispered in her hand, "He's with Kawaii Chan and Dante."

She stood silent for a moment, "Please go get him for me... I don't-"

I nodded, "I understand."

I rushed off to Dante's as Levin and Aphmau talked of Nicole's arrival. I found Dmitri with Dante downstairs. Finding the two having funny enough, a father-son moment...

"Hey! Y/n, is everything okay?" Dante asked.

I thought of what to say...

"Nicole is here," I said. "For Dmitri."

"S-She is? Well, tell her to come over! It's been forever since we've last seen her!" He said excitedly.

"Dante..." I said. "She doesn't want to see anyone."

"No..." Dante seemed drowned in thought for a moment. "She's not getting him back until SHE FACES ME! WHY IS SHE HIDING LIKE A COWARD? SHE'S IGNORED ME FOR THE PAST SIX YEARS AND SHE THINKS SHE CAN JUST SHOW UP AND IGNORE ME! NO. I'M GOING TO TALK TO HER MYSELF."

Dante ran off to the docks, and I followed close behind. I gulped... This needed to be done. But it was gonna hurt to sit through. Nicole had separated her boat from the dock, making Dante unable to fully face her.

"WHY HAVE YOU BEEN AVOIDING ME!?" Dante questioned.

"I HAVEN'T I'VE JUST BEEN BUSY WITH MY OWN LIFE, DANTE!" She yelled back.

The two had always seemed a bit... to similar at times... Their temper and stubbornness especially.

"YOU JUST JUMPED BACK INTO YOUR BOAT ABD RETRACTED THE LADDER WHEN YOU SAW ME COMING! NICOLE PLEASE. Nicole, please.... Talk to me," Dante begged.

Even though he was happy with Kawaii Chan... He still missed and loved Nicole...

"Nicole.." I said.

"I can't Dante..."

"Look.. Nicole, I know ever since we broke up things have been hard on you and... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what I put you through. But Nicole... that was almost seven years ago... are you still really THAT hurt..?" Dante said.

I simply slapped him for that comment.

"I want to try to move past this with you and be friends, can't we do that at least?" He asked.

"Nicole," I said once again.

She needed to be honest.

Nicole was tearing up, "N-NO WE CAN'T DANTE. WE JUST CAN'T."

"Nicole... please.. look at me," Dante begged.

"No..."

"Please... I miss you. You have a beautiful son you know... he's really sweet and has your eyes... He's also really adorable and mischievous... Just like his mother.." Dante tried to cheer her up.

While a good attempt, it only made things harder...

"Nicole, please. He's not going to let this go until you tell him," I said.

"Tell me what?" He questioned.

"Stop it," Nicole said.

We all stood there in silence...

"Do you understand that I can't loot at you... because I've already had to for the past six years," Nicole said.

"What?" Dante questioned.

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT DANTE. DMITRI IS YOUR SON!" She shouted out.

"Nicole.." he said shocked.

Nicole started crying worse than before.

"NICOLE ANSWER ME NOW! THAT ISN'T POSSIBLE!" Dante shouted.

"It is..."

"W-WHEN? HOW?" he questioned.

"When I left to Scaleswind... Those seven years ago, I found out I was pregnant... I came back three months later to tell you but... you had already moved on with Kawaii Chan. I didn't want to ruin your new family.." Nicole explained.

"YOU NEVER TOLD ME I HAD A SON!?"

"HOW COULD YOU MOVE ON AFTER THREE MONTHS DANTE!? I STILL LOVE YOU!" Nicole shouted back.

There it was... What Nicole had kept bottled up for years...

"NICOLE, THIS ISN'T SOMETHING THAT IS... THIS IS JUST... I SWEAR IF YOU... WHY DID YOU... THIS CAN'T.." Dante squirmed...

Katelyn knocked Dante down, stopping this screaming match.. While Katelyn brought Dante to the tree house, I sat on the edge of the dock. I needed to be there with Nicole.. 

"Can you please just go get Dmitri?" Nicole asked.

"No." I replied coldly.

We sat there in silence.

"I told you you needed to tell him, and now time has forced you to. You can't run this time."

"I know," she mumbled.

"You can't hide any longer," I said.

Before I knew it, Nicole had found a way to deal with some of the problems left behind. However,  Aphmau wanted us to leave, which quickly became a new thing to focus on. She wanted to find new land for the Pheonix Alliance to reside. After some begging, I was brought on to go with everyone. Don't get me wrong, I had missed everyone. I was sure we would get up to something interesting. But... I had a few things I needed to check off my lists, and preparing for another war that had not yet been started was not on it. I was against the ideals, but I couldn't cause issues once again. Aphmau and I had just made up after 15 years of hurt. I couldn't let it all happen again. I had to show her some loyalty. Vylad quickly took our ship and went off to find information of some kind... But he wasn't very specific on it, only saying "If you need me, I'll be there." So she shipped out to see, and of course... Since I wasn't paying attention, we ended up crashing back in a familiar imp-infested island.