Entry No. 28

In honor of national girlfriend day.... an extra chapter this week :)

I awoke to find Vylad at my bedside. I looked groggily over at him.

"Aphmau dropped off a potion for you. When I administered it you to you the ear and tail disappeared and you woke up," he explained. "Were you in your dimension?"

I nodded.

"They all went to help find your sons," he explained. "And don't correct me on that. Zoey and you raised him more than Aphmau was able to. It isn't her fault, but he is like a son to you. I know you'd do anything to keep him safe."

There was a commotion in town and I made my way up.

"They must be here," Vylad said. "Go. I know you need nothing more than to see them. I'm just glad you were able to get some much-needed rest that didn't seem clouded by as much stress."

I smiled to him before rushing out the door. Levin and Malachi were being brought to the house Vylad and I were staying so it wasn't much of a run. I hugged onto both of them, nearly crushing them. Tears fell from my eyes. My boys were here with me. They were safe.

"Mom! Mom! Let me breathe!" Malachi yelped.

"It's okay Y/n, we're safe!" Levin said.

I pulled back and looked at them. Both of them were immediately sorry that they made me cry.

"Mom!" Malachi said as he hugged back onto me.

Levin came in as well, speaking softly, "It's okay mom."

There had been a few times before that Levin had called me mom... But it wasn't an often occurrence. When he was young, it was a bit of a different story. I became his mom because it was easier than telling him he had lost his own again... But I felt fear emanate from me this time when I noticed how Aphmau reacted toward it. We got them to bed and I sat there, holding both of their hands as they slept. Aphmau tapped me on the shoulder and I followed her outside. 

"There's somethings I want to tell you about," Aph said,

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Well, first off. We met this witch in the forest. She acted as though she knew me, and she was very nice to us because of that. She said she knew you as well. She said that 'things were about to be revealed'? Which I didn't understand... But she also said 'she'll see you soon, whether you decide to visit her or not'..." Aph explained.

"Did you get her name?" I asked.

I hoped it was who I thought it was.

"Hyria."

"I see..." I mumbled.

"Secondly, something happened when we were rescuing Levin, Malachi, and Zoey.." she started.

"What?" I asked.

"My powers I had gained from the relic I suppose... It unleashed. The cheif bandit even said I seemed like a Divine Warrior..." She explained.

"Well, what do you think? Do you think it's a possibility?" I asked.

"I don't know... You're the one who's received memories... It could just be that I appear that way because of the relic," she thought aloud.

We both stayed quiet for a moment, leaning over the peer.

"Um... I wanted to ask about Levin..." Aph started. "He called you mom..?"

I sighed, "When he was young, Zoey and I decided it was easier if he did. It made it so he wouldn't feel like an outcast in our family... As he grew older, he called me it less. He knows I'm not his mother, trust me. He cares for you more than anything, he thinks the world of you. I'm just a motherly figure... I helped to try to shape him into the man he is today is all."

Aph nodded, "It makes sense... Just was unexpected."

"I know, and I'm sorry."

Aph soon turned in for the night, but I found something nice in the quiet company of the moon that night. Of course, though, that silence changed when the sweetest little guard came by on patrol.

"Lady Y-Y/n?" Cloud called.

I looked back toward him, "Hello Cloud. You do know you don't have to be so nervous around me? We've known each other for some time now."

He nodded, "Y-Yes mam. I-I'll try better! Ugh. Sorry."

"No need to apologize," I said.

I stared up the moon as I had too many times before.

"Why are y-you up anyways? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" he asked.

"Thank you for the concern, but its no big deal. After my sleep earlier today, my internal clock is a little messed up... And it feels all too beautiful a night to sleep through."

"N-Not as b-beautiful a-as y-y-you," he said.

I turned to him and smiled, a blush surely that matched his making its way to my cheeks. He was such a sweet guy, I was partially proud of the confidence he must of had to say that.

"Thank you Cloud," I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

His blush grew ten times deeper.

"W-We just care about y-you a l-lot here," he said nervously.

"I'm glad, New Meteli is a wonderful town," I said.

"Cloud, you should get back on duty, your shift doesn't end for another hour or so," Vincent commanded.

Cloud nodded quickly, "Yes sir. Goodnight Lady Y-Y/n."

"Goodnight Cloud," I said.

Cloud disappeared and Vincent made his way closer, seemingly staking out territory like a wolf. 

"Understandable he be distracted by a woman such as you," Vincent said. 

"What? Somebody jealous?" I joked.

"Don't play that game with me, sweetheart. I'm not shy like Cloud," Vincent said.

I could feel myself blush a bit at the comment. Since Vincent had first started as a guard here he had his eyes on me, and he was vocal about it. He had seemingly calmed himself down from the initial meeting, but still. He was flirtatious and each word had a lot of meaning backing it up.

"He was right about you resting. You look a lot better from earlier today, but I can tell you still are a bit exhausted," he said.

"More so mentally than physically. It's been a wild ride the past few months, my head is just processing it all," I explained.

"As you should. But you shouldn't dottle on it," he said. "Think about where you are now and the happiness you have, not the pain that got you here. Unless it's for a moment to be proud of yourself."

"Thank you Vincent," I said.

"No problem. Though, as much as I'd love to get the pleasure of your lips, Cloud got that tonight. And I'm not one for sloppy seconds," he joked. "Though I wouldn't mind something as a goodbye before you leave."

I smiled, trying to hide my blush.

"Come on, I'll walk you home," he said.

I nodded, sighing away the worry that once clouded me.