Entry No. 30

I had made my way into the forest Aphmau had told me about. I wandered about looking for the cottage... The place was magical. I could feel it. It was like the mini-dimension the Demon Warlock had made... I saw a light in the dark forest and followed it to find a cottage... It seemed slightly like the one I had in my dimension. I got closer to the house and a woman walked out, it was Hyria. 

"There you are," she said.

"I would say it's been a long time-" I said.

"But you don't exactly remember, do you?" she questioned. 

I nodded.

"Come inside. Let's sit," she said.

I followed her inside. It was a bit more empty than I'd expected, but the only other witch I had met really was Lucinda, and she was... A bit messy...

"I'm sure you're curious about everything, though... Not as much as your sister. She was here not too long ago, you got my message I'm guessing?" she asked.

"Yes, it's how I got here," I said.

"Well then. I told you everything was about to be revealed. Now, that is just my own predicting, no magickal insight," she explained. "Irene is getting to the point you were at when everything started. She is bound to find something and be flooded by memories just as you have. When she does... She may figure everything our pretty quickly. Have you prepared yourself for what could happen? How it could change things?"

I stayed quiet... It was a fear I had. But I didn't know what to do of it.

"I see. From what I can tell, you're repeating history all over again. I hope for your sake, it doesn't end the same way it did last time," she said. "It wasn't always about war. Irene wasn't always the way she ended."

"I know, I have received memories of the times that we were all happy together," I said.

"But I'm sure those weren't half as thrilling as your past loves," she said. "Have you met any of their descendants?" 

"I have... Both Enki and Edmund. They look almost exactly the same," I explained. "It is jarring to have the letter of Enki saying in the future he would stay on our island and wouldn't hide his love for me... Because that is what happened. And Edmund's has stayed a stoic protector of mine. He isn't as vocal of his feelings though... It's just-"

"Funny?" she questioned with a smirk.

I chuckled, "Yes."

"I remember how you three were, it was entertaining to me when it originally happened. We were once great friends," she said.

"I haven't seen much in my memories of you," I explained.

"Of course not, wouldn't that make it all too easy?" she laughed. "Your magicks and mine made it that way so you couldn't remember it all at once. You hated how quickly everything happened and wanted your future self to be able to take it all in. Memories with me would have revealed how to reverse it all too easily. You knew yourself very well."

"I suppose so," I thought.

"How are you enjoying the dimension? It is the best one I've ever come across really," she asked.

"Sometimes I wish it were the real world," I said.

"You know that it could be," she said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You created that world to be yours. One where you felt safe. You made it so others could come, but only those you care for. That dimension is a real world," she explained.

I sat quietly.

"But you don't want to leave her side even if its the end of you..." Hyria thought aloud as if she was reading my mind.

"It doesn't feel real... A world as perfect as it is? I mean-"

I sat quietly once again.

"What?"

I took a deep breath, "Someone I know to be dead is there."

"What? Who? When did this happen?" she drowned on with questions.

"It's not one of the divine warriors... Its a man I met in my current life. He was a very kind man who died because of me," I explained.

"He loved you," she said.

"He crossed over there soon after... And not only that but animals. Irene kept a pack of dogs before she left for her dimension, and they all live there... Not even as the older dogs that died here, as their younger selves," I said.

"Your power still amazes me... You brought people and animals back from the dead," she amazed.

"By trapping them in a dimension," I said.

"You kept them alive. In a world without problems," she explained.

I sat quietly.

"Ereni. When you were... Ereni, you always doubted yourself and what you were capable of. That is why you weren't recorded for much in history and became folklore. But the truth has always been that you've been more powerful than any other," Hyria said. 

"I'd hate to say I told you so.." Vylad said as he walked in.

"You followed?" I questioned.

"You're both still on the same path?" Hyria questioned. "And you know him?"

Vylad took off his scarf, folded it up and sat next to me.

"And taking off that scarf of yours? Interesting..."

"Why's that?" I asked.

"It's nothing-" Vylad said.

"Because I just asked him to summon you, and make sure you started off decently. I told him you were capable and charming enough to figure out the rest," Hyria explained.

"Oh is that what you told him?" I teased.

Vylad pouted a bit, his mystique now ruined.

"So Mr. Shadows, Mr. Always There If I Needed Him, Mr. Protector, Mr. Guide, was actually doing it all on his own and not at the whims of Hyria like he said?"

"Seems the two have grown rather close," Hyria giggled.

"Jokes aside, we have," I said, smiling at Vylad.

There was silence.

"Well then. You should get back on your journey I'm sure. Now you know where I live, feel free to come back whenever you'd like. It's nice catching up with an old friend. Perhaps next time we could practice some of that magick of yours," Hyria offered, and stood up. "Oh! Where is Irene now anyways? I could just teleport the both of you there."

I noticed a picture of Lucinda. That's where Aph had gone... But also.. Was she Lucinda's mom?