Entry No. 34

I watched as Irene and Shad fell in love. Soon after Irene found him, they became close friends. They took up more and more of each other's time. It was when Irene gave him that relic though... It changed everything.

"We should hold onto it in storage. We need to protect it. I'm telling you. This relic is seemingly cursed or something. I can't put my finger on it," I argued.

"With this relic, Shad could help us," Irene argued.

"Not to mention, you love him," I mumbled.

"Yes I do love him. Is that such a bad thing?!? It is okay to love. We take care of so many people. I deserve to be loved. Not in a sisterly way, but in a romantic way. Okay? I'm giving it to him," Irene said as she walked out. 

I found them though, by the beach where they always loved to sit. I had to commend her for the sunset romantic evening. But this was a bad idea. As soon as Irene had left him and rushed to him, cornering him.

"Taking this relic is an immense responsibility. Okay? You have to be cautious with it. It is named after the Destroyer for a reason. Just please. Be careful, and mindful," I warned.

"I've got it handled. Thanks for the advice, but now I don't have to be so below the rest of you. I'll find my way with these newfound powers," Shad said, shrugging me off.

There was absolutely no way this would go over well. When Shad grew even slightly out of control, I'd try to help him. I tried teaching him how to manage his powers. Shad only saw it as a competition though... And it tore Irene apart. Though she wouldn't open up to me about it often, I knew that she was struggling because the people she loved couldn't quite get along... and because of that... She became vulnerable. Shad's love overtook mine. I wanted nothing but the best for us all. I tried... I really did try to do things her way... But in the end, our family was gone.

I woke to find everyone unloading things from the ship. I walked around a bit more to see the boys building... The question was... Why were they all shirtless??

"By Enki! Who knew that building a simple house was going to be this hard!" Travis yelled.

"Agreed. I've seen houses built before but I never realized just how hard it was to start from scratch. Now I see why a certain Chicken Shaman tries to con people into doing it for them..." Laurance said.

"Say wha..?"

"Nothing. Forget about it," Laurance said.

"We have no idea what we're doing, do we?" Travis questioned.

"Honestly it's a miracle one of us hasn't died yet," Laurance joked.

"It certainly is. If I knew it was gonna be this risky I'd have let you do this on your own," Travis said.

"Then why did you even volunteer to help?" Laurance questioned.

"And risk letting you be the only manly one here!?" Travis questioned. "Forget it. Look, Laurance, ladies go wild over tough, rugged, builder-y guys. This was gonna be my chance to impress that fine lady on the island."

"Travis.."

"What? I'm serious! I needed a reason to take off my shirt in front of her... I can just imagine how she'll look when she sees my rock-hard abs," Travis imagined.

"I'm pretty sure she'll walk away like nothing happened," Laurance said.

"Laurance... Come on a couple of hot guys like us building? What lady can resist? I bet there is someone hiding in the bushes right now waiting to pounce on us," Travis said.

I blushed and covered my mouth, forgetting that they might be able to hear me.

"Dream on," Laurance said.

"I-I-I" I stammered to myself imagining the situations the could arise.

"Well, hello there Y/n," Travis said with a smirk.

"Travis!" I shouted, shocked by him.

"You were taking forever to pounce," Travis flirted.

I could feel my blush deepen further and further.

"I swear it wasn't like that! I was just coming to check up on you both and ended up finding your conversation funny and-" I spoke extremely quickly, trying to defend myself.

"While hiding in the bushes?" Travis questioned.

I pushed past him and towards the house and tried holding back my laugh.

"Alright, I give. Y/n, forgive me for stating the obvious here... But we're going to need some help here," Laurance said.

"Laurance is right! We are not cut to be builders!" Travis said. 

"And yet you were so confident before..?" I questioned.

"Just look at these hands, they're meant for holding hips not hammers!" Travis said.

I both blushed and laughed at the comment.

"Okay, ignore that last thing he said, but Travis is right. I think we'll need to bring in someone more experienced with this kind of work," Laurance suggested.

"Okay," I said. 

I tied my hair up, tied my shirt closer to my body, and rolled my pants up.

"Hand it over," I said.

"Now that... Is what I was going for," Travis said, a blush appearing on his cheeks.

Laurance handed me the supplies with a similar blush, and within a couple of hours, it was done.

"How are you so good at that?" Travis asked.

"I built quite a few, do remember I was secondhand to a Lord... And a Lord for a short time... twice.. and I've made settlements before," I answered.

After having the guys help me make a few more buildings for farming and storage,  we were told that Lucinda had set up a connection for teleportation to Pheonix Drop.  I made my way to the portal of sorts, I wouldn't miss a chance to see my boys.