Entry No. 9

Aph luckily woke up and I grabbed things for her to eat and drink. Zoey cane over to me as I was preparing things.

"She completely healed him," Zoey said, completely starstruck.

"I'll get Emmalyn to see if she knows anything," I said.

"I think we will need her," Zoey said.

I gathered everyone and gave Aph things to eat and drink.

"What you did for Dante was incredible!" Laurance awed.

"Indeed. I've never seen such potent healing magicks," Katelyn agreed.

I thought back.... There had been a time when Dante and I were the only ones here and I had healed him as well... That was not long before I tried training with Lucinda.. Only Lucinda knew what had happened since Dante couldn't remember... Since we were sisters it made sense that we would share similar magicks..

"Was that even healing magicks? It seemed like a combination of multiple different kinds of magicks... I have NEVER seen normal healing magicks completely heal someone down to the flesh of their skin," Kenmur said.

"He's got a point. The funny thing is... I never knew Aphmau was a magicks user... Have you been hiding this from us all this time Aphmau..?" Laurance questioned.

"No, I've never been able to do this before," Aph explained.

"If she was never able to use magicks before then it might have something to do with that relic she consumed in Irene's dimension," the mystery man said.

"That's right! She absorbed that relic that Zane was trying to get his hands on!" Layrance exclaimed.

"R-R-Relic... f-f-from Irene's dimension..!?" Emmalyn said worriedly.

"Correct. Zane had attacked us shortly after the relic was absorbed into Aphmau's being so we didn't get a moment to 'awe' over the event, nor analyze it," Katelyn explained.

"A relic from Irene's dimension... Irene's relic... A relic from Irene's dimension... Irene's relic... A relic from Irene's dimension...Irene's relic... IRENE'S RELIC!" Emmalyn explained.

"Are you freaking out?" Aphmau questioned.

"Oh boy, here we go," Kenmur said.

"I-Is she gonna be okay?" Laurance questioned.

"Irene's relic would have released magicks of all sorts into her if it was truly her relic," I noted.

"YOU NEED TO TELL ME EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW! Everyone else leave! I need to study this magnificent woman chosen by Irene! Tell me what happened!" Emmalyn exclaimed.

Everyone sighed before leaving, but I stayed put.

"Emmalyn, if you don't mind, I've done a lot of research and I think I could help with this mystery," I said.

"Careful.." Vylad growled.

Emmalyn nodded and she started asking questions as Aphmau explained.

"I believe you are directly related to Lady Irene... I'm not sure how... but-" Emmalyn started.

"For the relic to come to her, she would have to be. In the world of magicks, there are only so many people a relic would respond to," I explained.

"You must hold back, she has to figure it out on her own," Vlyad said, his voice cracking.

Aphmau questioned as to how, and it was hard not to spill everything. I sighed and while Emmalyn explained, I headed downstairs.

"You know what's going on, don't you?" Malachi said from around the corner.

I looked around towards Malachi before taking him back to my house. I closed the door to make sure nobody could hear us.

"Malachi, everything I tell you, I trust you with... You are my son, and I truly trust you... But you cannot repeat certain things to others," I explained thoroughly.

"Y/n, wait-" Vlyad started.

"I'm sorry Vylad, but I can't keep everything from him!" I shouted.

"Vylad?" Malachi questioned. "Your friend in the nether?"

I sighed, "Malachi, for almost as lin as I can remember I have had to keep things from others. Like just now... I was communicating with my friend in the nether through magicks of some sort.... And... You are right... I know exactly what is goin on with Aphmau. And even though I wasn't with her, I have a clear picture as to what happened. As much as it pains me...."

"You can't tell me everything.... That's what he was telling you, wasn't it?" Malachi asked.

I smiled, "Yes..."

"There was more than one reason for your research trips.... But you can't say why just yet... I see.." Malachi pondered.

I sighed once again, only to feel Malachi's arms envelope me in a hug.

"I don't need to know everything, just that you are safe mom," he said.

I could feel myself tear up a little... Even though it had been so long since he first called me mom, each time it made me more happy than anything else in this world.

"Mom! Don't cry!" He said, pulling out of the hug.

I wiped my eyes. I went out for a walk only to find the others fixing up the old walls. I smiled up at them before rushing to help them. We filled jn all of the gaps in the wall to try and stop the bandits from getting so close to the town.