Entry No. 27

I woke up to Vylad sitting worriedly by my side. I quickly sat up and looked to him.

"Malachi? Where is he?" I asked.

"Gone. She took them to Meteli," Vylad explained.

I looked around. Katelyn and Laurance were also in the room.

I sat up, getting myself ready, "Alright then. Let's go."

"Y/n, you have been out for hours. That doesn't just happen. You need rest," Katelyn ordered.

"It does to me, both of these two can tell you that. What I need is to bring my family home. What I need is to see those two boys sound asleep in their beds," I argued.

"Katelyn is right about the rest part though. I may have seen you go through this before, but even when you're sleeping you're not resting," Vylad explained. "You talk and the littlest thing can wake you. You wake up with bags under your eyes as if you never slept. This stress is eating at you."

"We will get them back, but we can't sacrifice you to get there," Laurance said.

"Until we get there, things will stay the same. It won't be any better until I can see them again," I bargained.

They all sighed.

"If you are really going to do this, then you'll sleep on the way there," Vylad bargained.

"Fine," I said.

"We'll meet you there as soon as we can," Katelyn said.

"Yeah, and once this mess is dealt with I can ask you more about that sleep comment Vylad," Laurance barked.

We left off to New Meteli once again. I was going to get my babies back. I slept as Vylad asked, but I awoke to a shake in the boat. I rushed upstairs to find that Vylad was nearly asleep at the wheel. I tapped him and he shook awake.

"Take a turn for sleep," I said.

"No, go back to bed," he argued.

"If you don't take a nap then we will crash because there will be no one to steer the ship," I explained.

He sighed before heading down for some sleep. He must not have slept in a few days... We arrived. Vincent met me at the shores.

"Y/n? We weren't expecting you," he said.

"Malachi, Levin, and Zoey were kidnapped. We've been searching after them, and their captor seems to have taken them to trade camps outside of New Meteli," I explained.

"I'll get troops on it. As soon as I have, I'll let you know. If it's about Malachi, there's no chance I could stop you," Vincent said.

"Thank you Vincent," I said.

"Anything for my favorite lady," he flirted.

I took a breath and he smiled at me. He liked playing with me. I got Vylad to a bed and let him rest. By the time I had got him to lie down, we were handling the investigation. Something in me felt off. It felt as though I was missing something.

"Sorry sweetheart, you missed your chance. I suppose I'll send word with... Aphmau... then," A lady's voice called.

The voice seemed so familiar, and I stopped in place trying to remember it.

"L-Lady Y/n? C-Come on, we have to keep going if we w-want to f-find everyone," Cloud stammered.

"If she slows down, bring her back to New Meteli," Vincent ordered Cloud.

"No no. I'm fine," I argued.

"L-Lady Y/n? P-Pardon me for this, but y-you don't look like y-you've s-slept well," Cloud said. "Are you sure y-you wouldn't l-like to go rest?"

"Y/n!!!!" I could hear Cadenza yell. "You better get your sorry butt back in town asap! You didn't even say hi! You're lucky that my guards like you so much!"

I could see Cloud and Vincent blush. I looked back to see Zack by Cadenza's side, loyal as ever. Cadenza though... She had a grumpy look on her face.

I nervously chuckled, "Would help if I said sorry? And um... hi?"

Cadenza grabbed me by the arm, dragging me back towards town.

"Vincent! Cloud! Continue the search! But you get back we're all having one big conversation!" Cadenza yelled.

"Okay mom," Vincent groaned.

I sighed as Cadenza brought me back to her house. She sat me down in her living room, handing me tea.

"You need sleep. I can tell by looking at you," Cadenza sighed as she sipped her tea. "Zack caught me up on the situation, we'll have them home as soon as we can. With the way Vincent and Cloud care for you I know it'll be handled, but you don't need to kill yourself to make it happen. I would hate for Malachi to come back and see you like this."

Cadenza forced me to go back to where Vylad and I were staying, making one more comment about the men I trail along before leaving me. I laid there thinking about the voice I heard... Was it Hyria?

I found myself back in my realm.. I looked towards the tree I normally found Garroth to see no one there. I walked into my house to find Jeffory cleaning, he was whistling and singing some song. I smiled, forgetting how long it had been since I'd seen him.

"Didn't know you had a voice," I commented.

He looked over at me, shocked, and then cheerful.

"Well, you haven't seen me all that often," he joked.

I went up and hugged him. I could understand that he was indeed a soul without a true form... But here, he was man, and a sweet one at that. He lived his life taking care of my home and waiting for when he'd see me next. It felt all too sweet, but also made me feel guilty.

"Nice ears and tail," he commented.

I chuckled, "One of the tokens of my latest adventures."

"Tell me about them," he said.

Jeffory had me sit down and we talked through what all had been going on in the real world. The way he smiled as I explained it all was the same smile he had the night we first had met each other.

I sighed, "I miss the serenity of this place. Don't get me wrong, I am terrified about Malachi, Levin, and Zoey... But being here eases that."

Something shifted.. I couldn't tell what it was though.

"Your ears and tail! They're gone!" Jeffory seemed shocked.

I felt around... They really weren't there..

"Someone must've used a potion on you," Jeffory explained.

"I should probably get back to them," I said sorrowfully.

"Go, your boys are waiting for you. I'll be here, awaiting our next meet," Jeffory said as he cleaned up our dishes.

He came up in front of me and took my dish and glass. He looked me in the eye for a moment before leaning down and kissing me. Every thought in my head went away for a moment as he kissed me. His warmth made me feel as though nothing had changed. He pulled back with a smile on his face.

"There, now I'll miss you more. But I think I'll be able to bear it," he joked.

I chuckled and he saw me to the exit of the realm.