Chapter 2- Control

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Chapter 2 is really bad and I hate it but I promise you the story will get way better!

Have fun reading!

Love you, bye.

Adriano Calvetti

I hate her.

I hate her so fucking much.

I can't stand how she walks, how she thinks, how she talks, how she laughs.

Everything. I hate everything about her.

Nobody is as stubborn, brave, reckless and above all disrespectful to me as this woman.

Every fiber of my body must fight the urge to kill Amara Thorne.

The guards open the door of my penthouse and I rush in, my fists clenched, blood dripping from my hand. It hurts like hell, but my rage overdoes every other feeling I have. Anger has always been the emotion I felt most strongly and most often, but that is probably because my father did not allow me to feel any other way. The only problem is that now I must somehow get myself under control and think about something else before I am reckless and do something I will regret later.

As I enter the living room, I see a more than only familiar face.

Darius Martinelli is sitting on the black leather couch, playing around with his favorite knife. He wears a black suit, and his dark curly hair is currently not styled, strands of it are hanging in his face.

He does not look up, his gaze remaining on his weapon and he starts grinning.

"I guess dinner didn't go that well, boss. Who could have guessed that?", he says, with a thick Italian accent, smirking, now looking at me.

I glare at my best friend and clench my jaw even more tightly at the mention of what happened.

"Shut the fuck up!", I reply.

"Wow. Someone is angry.", he says, letting out a chuckle.

"This is not a fucking joke. Talk about this evening ever again and I will cut your tongue out.", I reply in Italian to signalize him that I am serious.

"I won't mention it again.", he answers, raising his hands as a sign of peace.

I roll my eyes at him and sit down on the sofa next to him.

I have known Darius since we were children because his father worked for mine when he was still alive, and he has been trained by Alessandro since his twelfth birthday. He is 21, almost two years younger than me, and one of the best assassins in the world. He is like a little brother to me but even he would not dare to disrespect me, not like the blonde woman who makes my blood boil. As strong as the alliance is, as soon as Amara and I take over the two mafias, it will break. I cannot imagine how it could be any different because in this case I do not think there is any other way than war.

I snap out of my thoughts when Darius speaks again.

"I have a surprise for you so you can relief some stress.", he tells me, grinning.

That got my attention.

"What do you mean?", I ask, confused but also thrilled.

"A friend of mine opened a new club today, we can go there and have some fun. If you fuck some random bitch, you will immediately get other thoughts. So, what do you think?", he says, raising an eyebrow but still with a smirk on his face, knowing that I will definitely come with him.