Chapter 61- Endings

Amara Calvetti

"Adriano, hold still. I can't help you if you move your hand."

"Amara, in all the 23 years in my life here on earth have I never once put bandages on my hands after a couple of punches. God, I had step wounds and didn't let a doctor look at me." Adriano groans out in annoyance as he sits on our bed, me standing in front of him.

"Yeah but only because you were too fucking arrogant and your fragile masculinity didn't let you be in pain in front of another man." I huff out.

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?!" He says, narrowing his eyes at me.

"That's what I mean," I say, looking down at him with a frown.

He rolls his eyes but then I can see the corner of his mouth twitching.

"So...I am done," I say before leaning down and pressing a kiss to his lips.

Adriano lets out an annoyed groan as we can hear a knock on the door.

"Yes," I yell, exchanging a questioning look with Adriano.

"It's me, Mateo. Francessca is here." He says as he opens the door.

"My mother is here?" Adriano asks confusion and anger plastered on his face as he stands up from the bed.

"Yes, she is here," Mateo confirms.

"We will be down in a minute." He says and the man leaves us alone.

~~~~~

I follow Adriano down the stairs and my eyes immediately narrow down on the woman waiting for us.

"Adriano." She breathes out, an uncertain smile on her face.

"What do you want?" He huffs out, flashing Francessca a dirty look.

"Adriano- I understand that you are mad-" She starts.

"Mad? Mad? Yes, I am fucking mad and I have every fucking right." He spits out.

Francessca flinches back a little as if he would have slapped her.

"I know that. You have definitely every right to hate me. I have lied to you your entire life..."

"You think I am mad because you didn't tell me who my father was? I am not angry because of that. I am rather disgusted by you. Disgusted because I loved you but then I find out that you were in bed with Nikolai Ivanov." He says, raising his voice, his mouth morphing into a sneer.

"I mean you married Alessandro but you were forced to do that so it's not your fault... I was even sorry for that my entire life, but you fucked Nikolai fucking Ivanov." He starts to yell and I close my eyes for a second.

"Adriano, please let me explain. He- he wasn't like that when I met him. He- I didn't know that he would turn into such a narcissistic cold-hearted monster. I- I didn't love the version he is now... I loved someone entirely different." She says as tears start to roll down her cheeks.

"He- I don't know. I- the man I loved-"

"He fucking raped me," Adriano says, his voice now sounding calm even though he is far away from being that.

Her mouth drops open and she stares at her son, not blinking for a couple of moments.

"What?" she chokes out and as she hears the sound she made she puts a hand over her mouth to silence her sobs.

"He raped me when I was a child. When he attacked the villa in Sicily." He explains.

"God, I- I am so- I am so sorry, my dear. I- I am so sorry." She whispers as the tears fall.