𝖆𝖇𝖇𝖆 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖈𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘

Ariana ran up to her room, avoiding her next lesson, luckily she had a single room so no one would ask her questions

"Accio." Her cassette player now in hand, she swiftly put her headphones on. Dancing Queen blasting into her ears but ABBA couldn't distract herself from overthinking.

Meanwhile, Draco rushed into Snape's classroom ignoring the scared first years being taught. "Professor."

"What is it Draco?" Snape snapped.

"It's Ariana." This was all he needed to say before Snape brushed his cape and walked to the slytherin dorms.

"Draco, get Professor McGonagall to cover the rest of the class with these imbeciles." Before Draco left he could've sworn he heard a sniffle from a first year ravenclaw.

"Alohomora" The door unlocked and Snape walked over to Ariana, gently placing his hand on her shoulder. She was holding Stan and trying to find comfort in him.

"Ariana." She knew he was there. She didn't want to respond. Instead, she kept bopping her head to the music.

"Ariana. Look at me." He forcefully moved her around and saw her tears streaming down her face. He gently wiped them away as Stan curled up into a ball on her lap.

"What is wrong?"

"I know my dad was a terrible person, but he wasn't to me. What if I become like him?"

"You won't, you have some of your mother in you. My sister Sarah, your mother, was kind and loving and you have all of that in you. You know she wanted to work with animals as well. The both of you are so similar."

"Really?" Ariana questioned, some snot running down from her nose.

"She had a cat as well, it hated me though, was a demon." Ariana quietly laughed and continued stroking Stan.

"I just want you to know, your father may have done some atrocious things but he did love you and my sister. Despite people conceived under a love potion, he still managed to love the two of you, surprisingly." Despite Voldermort killing Lily, he couldn't deny the fact that he had done right by Ariana by showing her love.

"But most importantly, your mother already loved you before you were born and all that love is now in you."

"When people talk about him, is it bad that I want to defend him?" Snape sighed, he wish he could say it was bad but he knew Voldermort was still her father.

"I advise you not to. But no, it isn't bad, people will talk about him, you must know that."

Unknown to Ariana, but not Snape, was by her window an assortment of plants where growing behind Ariana.

"That's odd."

"What is it?"

"Nothing. You should get back to class. I have second years soon and none of them show any skills or ability." He rolled his eyes, making Ariana smile.

Once she had calmed down, Snape recognised the plants and flowers had slowly disappeared and he had to talk to the one person who may know.

"Ariana?" A certain platinum blonde haired fourth year had knocked on her door.

"I believe that is Mr Malfoy. Hopefully he can escort you to your next class." Snape opened the door, glaring at Draco before making a dramatic exit with his robe.

"How are you Anna?"

"I'm okay, I just got a bit overwhelmed."

"Shall I walk with you to Divination?"

"Yes please Dray." Draco picked up her bag and held her hand as the said goodbye to Stan and slowly walked along.

At the same time, Snape had made a detour before his lesson. "Sherbet Lemon."

"Ah Severus, what can I do for you this fine morning?"

"I am concerned about my niece."

"What is wrong with Ariana?"

"Albus, we were just talking when around her plants and flowers started to grow around her. They only stopped when she had calmed down."

"Ah, I wondered when her powers would show themselves. Your sister was an elemental and her main power was the earth. It has passed on to dear Ariana it seems."

"Sarah would have told me."

"Not if she didn't know, your parents concealed the fact from both of you. With two powerful parents, it was more likely for Ariana's earthly powers to appear, and they have."

"Albus, we must tell her."

"That's true, but she cannot tell anyone. It stays between the three of us. This kind of magic is rare. She could be in danger."

"But headmaster, she already has one big secret to hide, I don't think she can handle another. Ariana is a vulnerable girl, despite being a slytherin she is not tough or cunning, she would have been put in hufflepuff if not for her family history.

Her emotions get the better of her all the time. Today she ran out of her class with Moody because he was demonstrating the unforgivable curses. I don't know what to do."

"Severus, we shall bring her here during lunch. We will tell her then." Snape nodded, worried for his niece and how she would take this as he left.

"Only a matter of time now Fawkes. We will need her at her full strength in the future if she is to destroy her father."

- so she has more powers that no one was properly aware of!! ariana is a vulnerable girl and this chapter really shows this and the bond with her uncle, also what is dumbledore up to? is he concerned about ariana for the wrong reasons?
and i will hopefully update tomorrow

until the next time, have a good day 😌