𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖙𝖆𝖘𝖐

It was 24 hours until the first task and Ariana had no idea of what to expect

It was 24 hours until the first task and Ariana had no idea of what to expect. No matter how hard she wished, Snape would not tell her what it was as he himself was still unsure. She was laying on the Quidditch field, wishing she could float away like the clouds above.

"Hi Ariana."

"Cedric!" Ariana jumped up, eager to give the Hufflepuff a hug.

"Now, you can't tell anyone you know this okay."

"Our first task is dragons. One for each of us."

"How did you know that?"

"Harry told me."

"He didn't tell me." She was slightly hurt by this, he had been in her classes for three years and had talked before so why wouldn't he help her? Was it because Snape was her uncle he was wary? Was it because she was friends with Draco?

"Maybe he just forgot."

"Or maybe he just didn't want to tell me."

"I'm sure that's not true. Anyways, do you know what you're going to do tomorrow?"

"No, I mean I can try and talk to him or her."

"Ari, just be careful. They won't kill you, probably, and I don't want you to get hurt."

"I wish I wasn't in this stupid tournament. Why do people still believe I wanted to do it?"

"I don't know, but just know I believe you that you didn't enter."

"I think you're one of the only people who believe me, promise me you'll be safe and win this competition." Cedric ruffled her hair and left as he saw a familiar leached blonde haired boy walking up to them.

"What did the Hufflepuff want?"

"Cedric, and he let me know what the first task is. Dragons."

"How did he know?"

"Harry told him. Not me though."

"Why didn't Saint Pottah tell you? When I find him I will-"

"No it's okay, I just need to figure out how to survive tomorrow."

"Let's head to the library." Draco said after he reached his hand out to her. The two were waking around the castle, hearing the chatters of other students and ghosts.

"Harry! What are you going to do about the dragon?"

"Well I don't know Hermione, its not like I haven't thought about it ever since Hagrid showed me."

"You can't just shout that about! He wasn't supposed to tell you!"

Ariana scoffed and whispered to Draco. "So my uncle couldn't help me but Hagrid decided to tell Harry what the task would be. How is that fair?"