𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖊𝖗 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

"Dray, um

"Dray, um. I have this dinner for Slughorns club thing. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" Ariana shyly asked. Draco wanted to go bad but he needed to work.

"I am so sorry, but I have a ton of homework to do and I can't have any more detentions."

"Yeah, that's okay." Her voice croaked. "I'll just go with Blaise as he's already going."

On the way to the dinner party, Blaise and Ariana were silent. He wanted to ask why she wasn't with Draco but didn't want to upset her in any way.

"Blaise, I know what you want to ask me."

"Okay you bested me. Why isn't Draco you're date?"

"I asked him but he said he couldn't. Said he had work to do."

"Hey at least you got me." Blaise joked, hoping to cheer his best friend up.

"Do you not have a date? Surely there's a mass queue of girls wanting to go with you." It was no secret that Blaise was a player.

"That's true but I thought I'd keep you company. Plus I can talk to the girls there." Ariana knew he wasn't joking and just wanted Blaise to settle down with one girl.

"You could've brought Pansy."

"No she's with her girlfriend tonight, something about a date night." Blaise stopped in his tracks. "Ariana, why is your bag moving." She was busted as Blaise opened her bag.

"Stan? Is in your bag?"

"I needed company as I thought you'd be bringing a date and Hermione is bringing Ron probably so I didn't want to be alone. Is that sad?"

"No, no. It just um, shows how much of a cat mum you are." Blaise tried to save her from worrying.

When they got in there was some strange yet calming music playing. Blaise apologised as he went to talk to a sixth year Ravenclaw and Ariana was abandoned. She saw Hermione and decided to be social and talked her shoulder.

"Where's your date?" She asked, causing Hermione to jump.

"Oh he's over there." She pointed to Cormac scoffing down some food. "I thought you would've asked Ron."

"I assumed it would make him jealous."

"Did it work?

"I believe so."

"Well you are amazing and if Ron doesn't see that then he's stupid." She slightly scolded but deep down was thankful for that boost of confidence.