𝖉𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

It was time for Ariana's detention with Umbridge and she was pacing outside

It was time for Ariana's detention with Umbridge and she was pacing outside. She had never been issued a detention so she didn't know what to expect. What she would get however would not be normal.

Harry walked out of her office, cradling his hand as he hissed in pain.

"Harry?" He turned around but didn't say anything as he walked towards the tower.

"Ah, Miss Snape. Come in." As she was ushered in, Dolores Umbridge had shown her where to sit. Right in her viewpoint with the cat plates on display all around the room.

"Today, you will be writing lines for me." Ariana proceeded to her out a quill until she was stopped.

"You won't be needing that, you will be using one of my special quills." Despite thinking she was acting suspicious, Ariana got some parchment ready.

"I want you to write 'I will not lie to my peers'." The girl's eyes widened.

"What?"

"You will write 'I will not lie to my peers'."

"How many times?"

"Let's just say, until it sinks in." The stare Ariana received caused her to shiver, it was sinister with a mischievous element. Ariana nodded and started to write.

All of a sudden, an extreme amount of pain arose on her hand. Words carving by themselves. 'I will not lie to my peers' was now scared on her wrist. Other than the cats purring, Ariana's whimpers could be heard. Expecting  Umbridge to tell her to stop she was destroyed that she was smiling.

"You know what lies I am talking about right Miss Snape?" Ariana slowly looked up to her tormenter.

"Cedric's death was an accident and the Dark Lord has not returned. Be sure to remember that." Ariana jumped out of her seat, grabbing her bag and running to the dungeons. Avoiding the Slytherin students stares she shut her door. Locking it. Shutting people out. A parchment appeared, peaking her interest.

Dear Ariana,

I heard about the new defence against the dark arts teacher and I am disgusted with the choice. The ministry claim to be all knowing but they refuse to believe I have risen. Now, a ministry member is teaching you at Hogwarts, it is disgraceful.

Hopefully, you are enjoying your studies this year. In my fifth year, I truly began to thrive and I outsmarted all of my classmates which you are smart enough to do.

If there is anything wrong or if you believe Dumbledore to be up to something write to me immediately.

Sincerely, your father.

Ariana considered writing to her father about what Umbridge made her do. However, despite the punishment, she didn't want to cause any trouble and decided to keep her head low this year. Bandaging her hand, Ariana went down to dinner and avoided the questions about her new scars.

~
not as of a long chapter compared to others but i wanted to get something out 🙃 have a good day and peace out ✌️