𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊

"Ariana, I think you're losing control of your magic

"Ariana, I think you're losing control of your magic."

"I don't know what you're talking about Sev."

"What about this morning?"

"Nothing happened."

"You sure?"

People were looking at Ariana. By the morning they'd heard about what happened to her the previous night.

"I think she went insane." A third year Gryffindor whispered, but Ariana was still able to hear him.

"Yeah, my cousin said they heard her scream, it sounded like she was dying." A Ravenclaw said, making all of them interested.

While she was walking by the students, she found it hard to breathe. Ariana felt like that's all she had been doing. Books were falling down. The candles blowing out.

A surge of power came from her as all of the library books collapsed around her. McGonagall saw and rushed to get her colleague.

"Severus. Ariana." Her words were simple, but enough for him to understand the severity of the situation. The library was a mess as younger students were clearing up the books and Ariana was nowhere to be seen.

"So that explosion was nothing? Ariana, I don't think you've recovered from what happened."

Ariana had just woken up. Draco holding her so tight she couldn't see so she pushed him off. Causing those around to look at her shocked.

"Get off of me!" Ariana shouted, causing some candles to blow out.

"Ari, it's okay you're back." Draco whispered, holding her face in his hand.

"I'm here." She whispered back as she curled into Draco.

"What happened?" Snape carefully asked as he knelt down to her.

"Torture." Ariana whispered, causing Snape's heart to momentarily stop.

"Hey, why don't you go back to sleep." Snape suggested.

"No! I don't want to go back to sleep."

"Okay, okay we won't sleep. How about I go get Stan from Pansy?" Draco suggested as she nodded.

"Minerva, what can we do?"

"Make a sleeping drought. She needs to go to sleep. It will have made her exhausted."

Five minutes later, Draco came back with her furry companion as he climbed onto her bed and let her rest her head on his shoulder as Ariana cuddled Stan.

"Wanda and Pietro are fine. Your pygmy puffs are still hidden." He said trying to make a joke out of this dark situation. Luckily she laughed a little before trying to keep her eyes open.

"I told you, I wanted to go to classes this morning. I don't want to fall behind. Can I go now? I have potions soon and it's not with you. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I had other things on my mind." Snape said, back in his monotone voice.

"I must go, but I'll see you in class later, love you."

Ariana had made it to potions and quickly regretted going as she saw everyone's stressed faces, trying to make a complicated potion.

"Ah! Miss Snape, welcome! Pick a partner as it will be unfair for you to start now and have lesser time." She immediately sat down next to Draco who seemed extremely focused on brewing the potion.

"Hey, what potion are you doing?" Draco ignored her, making Ariana extremely confused.

"Dray? Is everything okay?"

"Will you stop! Partner with someone else." He whispered, anger in his voice.

"I don't understand." He ignored her as she walked over to Pansy.

"Are you alright Ari?" Pansy said after bringing her into a hug.

"Draco was being mean, we always work together but today he wanted to be left alone." She said as her voice got progressively quieter.

"That's weird."

"He might be stressed, it is a hard potion."

"Maybe." Pansy said as she glared at Draco, who just ignored it.

"You can work with me." She said, gently pushing her shoulder as Ariana kept looking to the floor. She simply nodded and told her which steps were incorrect. Draco glanced over, angry at himself but fearful oh how she'd react when he had to talk to her that night.

~
it's going to hurt me to write the next two chapters but the half blood prince feels like such a sad book overall, so i guess look forward to that. have a good day and peace out