𝖈𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖒𝖆𝖘

"Do you believe Dumbledore was behind it?" Draco said nothing

"Dray?"

"Ari, I don't know but sometimes I feel he fears you because of your father."

"I must talk to my father."

"Ariana you can't! He cannot know you know about this cabinet."

"Why not?" Draco sighed and collapsed on the sofa, facing the cabinet.

"I want to prove I'm good enough for you." Ariana remained confused so he continued. "I want to prove I deserve you not only to your father but yourself."

"You are more than enough Draco." She said as her hands cupped his cheeks.

"I also need to protect you. I was so close to losing you I do not need that again." Ariana kissed him on the cheek, simply assuring him she was there for him.

A few weeks went by and it was the holidays, most students were going home for Christmas. Draco was not and therefore decided to stay with him, much to her fathers protest. She wanted to stay and keep an eye on Draco.

"So I know, we have work and you want to fix the cabinet but, do you want some Christmas Eve snacks?"

"What does that mean?"

"Okay, we sit by the fire and eat things like popcorn, sweets and drink hot chocolate. Are you up for that?" The two hadn't really talked about if they were still together or if they should ever.

"Yeah, I can spare some hours." Ariana jumped up and down while clapping, excited to spend a Christmas tradition with Draco. By the time they had sat down and were on their second cup of hot chocolate Draco had some doubts.

"Are you okay with spending tonight with me? You can go home."

"No, I want to spend it with you, right here. Besides Sev is here too I believe."

"I got you a present."

"You didn't have to." Draco took a deep breath, worried she won't like it. But this was Ariana, she'd love anything. In the box, was a photo frame with a moving picture from when they were in London in front of Buckingham Palace.

"I love it, thank you Dray." Ariana gave him a hug and Draco stopped her from talking more.

"I got you something else." Out of his pocket he revealed a ring. "Now, this isn't a engagement ring don't fret but it's a promise ring. I promise to love you forever and one day in the future I will marry you." Ariana eyes began to well up.

"What's wrong Ari?"

"I love it, thank you Dray. I got you um something too." Giving a gift bag to Draco he opened a little box, some cufflinks for his suit, two little snakes. "You're not saying anything, do you not like them?"