𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖑 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖏𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

The atmosphere was different

The atmosphere was different. No students were talking while awaiting the headmasters speech.

"Welcome back. As you know, things have changed in the world and so will Hogwarts. For your safety, third years and up are not allowed to travel to Hogsmead. There is now an earlier curfew, once dinner has concluded all of you must head to your common room and stay there until the next morning. Only prefects are allowed to stay up longer but that still has an earlier curfew."

Walking back to the dorms, only orders from prefects being heard.

"Pansy! How was your summer?" Ariana asked, running up to her friend. "It was good until I received a letter from Maggie and her parents have moved her to Ilvermorny for her last year. So we decided to end things as it would be hard for long distance."

"I am so sorry Pans." After giving her friend a warm hug she ran to her room, grabbing a quill, ink and some parchment.

Dear Dad,

I've only been back some hours and everyone seems like they don't want to be here. Luna Lovegood has also gone missing and everyone believes it is up to you, but I don't believe it. If you do know anything please write to me.

Those black lines haven't moved but I'm going to use the library to find out what they are, I know when you're reading this you will have released an annoyed sigh but I can't just stay here and do nothing.

Love from
Ariana.

meanwhile at malfoy manor

Voldermort had just received his letter and was curious as to why Luna Lovegood was taken and who did it, putting blame on him and his followers. Deciding to get the answers for his daughter he called an emergency death eater meeting.

"Miss Lovegood, a sixth year student. Have any of you taken her without my knowledge?" Silence.

"My Lord, no one has taken her."

"And how would you know that Bellatrix?" Nagini following him as he walked over to his most loyal follower.

"No one would dare go against you My Lord."

back at hogwarts

Knocking on her door was Draco. "Ari, are you okay?" After finding out how much she was losing her control over her magic, he wanted to keep an eye on her at all the times he could.

"Yeah! I'm just going to bed early."

"Do you want me to stay?"

"No! I mean no, no I'm okay." Taking her word for it he left but unbeknownst to him she had just set candles around in a circle surrounding her.

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning."

Sitting down on her knees she closed her eyes, hoping to astral project. When Ariana opened her eyes she was at her desired location. The recently re-built Weasely home.

"Mad Eye, what the hell did you do?" Molly Weasley screeched.

"Relax Molly, she will be fine."

"Oh she will? Enlighten us why you kidnapped her!"

"Well, my plan were to blame it on you know who's army and I was correct. According to Minerva people are blaming the Dark Lord."

"Arthur, are you okay with this?"

"What dear?"

"Moody thought it would be a smart idea to kidnap Luna Lovegood to implicate you know who!"

"He did what?" Arthur shouted, appalled at his decision.

"It will only be for a while, she will be fine."

"What about her father?"

"Who's father?" Remus had entered the room, unaware of the chaos about to happen.

"Shall I tell him or should you?" Moody scoffed as his mechanical eye searched for some whiskey.

"Luna was kidnapped by Moody over here." Lupin's eyes widened, disgusted at his action.

"Once it's revealed they didn't take her we will be found out!"

Opening her eyes and taking deep breaths, she realised what had happened. Her father did not take Luna instead the people who are supposedly good, took her. This only made her more curious as to what the order had planned, including the younger members.

"Fletcher said that the locked belongs to Umbridge, so how can we get it?" Ron asked his two best friends, they'd recently left 12 Grimmauld Place and discovered the locket, once belonged to Sirius' brother then taken by Mundungus Fletcher.

"We need to find Umbridge." Harry said.

"No one has seen her, not really.  I remember Percy saying how she was demoted to the bottom floors but I don't know what that is."

"Of course! She only files papers now, she can't be a minister anymore."

"That's great, but how are we going to get there?" Hermione opened her bag to take out three potion bottles, each filled with polyjuice potion.

"Oh no, do we have to?" Ron groaned.

"Yes Ronald, if we want to get the locket and destroy the horcruxe we need to get inside the ministry."

"What's so special about the necklace?" Ariana whispered before collapsing, the candles blowing out after the impact of her falling onto the floor.

-

so the death eaters didn't take luna but instead moody! wanted it to be different and different it is. i don't believe they use astral projection in harry potter but i wanted ariana to spy on the order and again used legacies for inspiration.

have a good day and peace out!