𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖑 𝖙𝖆𝖘𝖐

It's the day of the final task

It's the day of the final task. Ariana was petrified. This whole tournament was leading up to this one day. She thought about pretending to be sick but Madame Pomfry would give her a potion and she would be cleared to take part.

Dressed in Slytherin Hogwarts competition clothes she looked prepared, mentally she was not. Ariana walked outside with her uncle and was shaking with nerves.

"I can't do this."

"You must."

"What if I die?"

"You won't, I believe in you."

Unknown to Ariana, Snape knew she would not be harmed and if she was there'd be hell to pay.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position." Students cheered as Dumbledore began to mention Cedric.

"Mr Diggory and Mr Potter tied for first place so they will be the first to enter. Then Miss Snape." The cheers from the Slytherins notably were the loudest.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should one of you to withdraw from the task he or she needs only to to send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round."

"In the maze you will not find dragons or creatures of the sea. Instead you'll face something more challenging. You see people change in the maze. Find the cup but be very weary, you could just lose yourselves along."

"Champions, prepare yourselves." Snape nodded towards Ariana who was still visibly shaking.

Cedric glanced at Ariana, concerned for his friend. He placed his hand on her shoulder which caused her to jump back. He crouched down to her height.

"Hey, Ari. You'll be okay. Trust me. When I win I'll give you some gallons to buy some sweets." Ariana smiled, jumping into his arms as all champions were getting ready to go in.

The canon went off as the two Hogwarts boys entered the maze. Followed by Ariana, Viktor and lastly Fleur.

She knew no one outside the maze would be able to see her, which confused her as if everyone outside couldn't watch it then why were they waiting?

As she was walking around the maze, the walls started to close in. Fleur was running away from something or someone and was confused but decided not to run after her. She was already scared and wanted the tournament to be over.

"Get off of me!" Ariana heard Cedric shout and ran towards him.

"Ced!" She ran to him and was scared he was hurt.

"Ari, I'm okay. Are you?" He moved her hair away off her face keeping his eyes on her.

"I'm okay. Harry?" He was trying to cut off a thorn that had nicked his side, Ariana conjured some flowers and managed to make a make shift bandage with them.