𝖎 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊

"The end of another year

"The end of another year." Dumbledore said, his voice echoing through the Great Hall, no one making a sound.

"A great loss of a very fine young man, who should be sitting here with us. I would like you all to please stand and raise your glasses. To Cedric Diggory."

All students did so as mumbling his name. Hufflepuff's were crying. Gryffindor's were upset. Ravenclaw's were shocked. Slytherins were solum.

"Cedric was a person who perfectly demonstrated the qualities that distinguish the Hufflepuff house. He was a good friend, student and person. I know his death has affected you overall, whether you knew him well or not. I believe you have the right to know exactly how his death was caused.

A sharp intake from Ariana was subtly heard by Draco. That action was witnessed by Harry however.

"Cedric Diggory. Was murdered by Lord Voldemort." Everyone whispered. Teachers looking at Dumbledore like he was insane to tell the students. Snape's view on Ariana.

"The Ministry of Magic do not wish me to tell you however it is my belief that the truth is preferable to lies. There should be no attempt to pretend that Cedric died as a result of an accident is an insult to his memory.

"There is somebody else who must be mentioned in connection with Mr Diggory's death. I am talking about Harry Potter. Not only did he manage to escape the clutches of Voldemort and risked his life to bring Cedric's body back to his father. He showed in every respect the bravery, the sort that great wizards have shown when facing Voldemort. For him I raise a toast." Gryffindors go to stand up before Dumbledore ushers them to stop. 

"Another student must be recognised for their bravery when facing Voldemort. Ariana Snape also escaped Voldemort's wrath and helped Harry make his escape."

Why was Dumbledore lying she thought. She didn't help. She had to act helpless. Did Harry lie? Did Dumbledore force him to lie? Or did he create this story on his own?

"To Mr Potter and Miss Snape." Slytherins raised their cups high for Ariana including Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws whereas Gryffindor's only made an effort in honouring Harry.

"It is my belief that we all will be facing dark and difficult times. Some of us have already suffered at the hands of Lord Voldermort. Many of your families have been torn apart. Only a few days ago a student was taken from this world. Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time comes and you have to make a choice between right and easy. Remember a student who was, good, compassionate and brave. Remember Mr Diggory."

All students left the Great Hall quietly to their rooms but Ariana wanted to walk around the grounds. She needed air after Dumbledore's speech.

"Ariana!" Harry shouted, grabbing her attention.

No students were around, teachers dispersing to their classrooms or chambers. It could be a potential dangerous situation for either student if one lashes out.

"I know who you are!"

"Harry what are you talking about?"

"Your dad!"

"I don't have a dad I told you!"

"Your father is the reason Cedric is dead!"

"Stop Harry." She walked back into the castle, trying to get away from him.

"Your dad is Voldemort!" Harry spoke, his voice quiet so only Ariana could hear.

"He- he's not."

"Don't lie. Cedric's death is on your hands."

Ariana didn't know how to respond. Harry was angry it was true but she was hurting. She had been friends with Cedric for longer than Harry had. Part of her wanted to believe Harry but her father told her he wouldn't have killed Cedric but let him go.

She walked away. Ariana felt she'd been walking away for any and every situation. However this time, she had no effort to respond.

~
harry has confronted ariana and in their fifth year will have more anger directed towards her...
wanted to upload early as only two hours ago it was 1.1k and now it's 1.2k!!! thank you so much
have a good day and peace out ✌️