28

Two lovers who appear to be a harmonious match lay in each other's arms during the depths of the night

Two lovers who appear to be a harmonious match lay in each other's arms during the depths of the night. Both sleep as soundly as they ever have before, finally feeling as if this missing piece in their life has finally fit into place. The mischievous goddess and the reckless original vampire-two extraordinary immortal beings more powerful together than apart.

On the other side of Mystic Falls, Elena Gilbert remains inside her place of residence. Her goal is to keep Jeremy protected under a roof that two Original vampires are not invited into, Kol and Klaus.

The day starts with the doppelgänger trying to convince Bonnie that killing Kol is the key to solving all of their problems. Despite telling herself that this plan is the right move to save her brother and to find the cure, Elena can't help but feel the guilt building up inside of her because of how the goddess feels for Kol and how Atë has helped her on numerous occasions before.

It's just as Atë and Kol finally embrace the fullest extent of their current feelings for one another that something, or more specifically, someone, might tear that apart completely.

The day passes in peace, yet the idea of peace is deceptive due to the underlying discussions happening across town.

The couple walks down a street hand in hand during the hours of dusk, sharing Kol's earbuds and listening to his music. Atë intently listens in, getting to know him even better through his interests, ranging from some metal to classic jazz. After some time, the music suddenly stops and is replaced by the familiar ring of someone calling. They exchange a look at one another when they see the caller ID, but Kol answers the phone nonetheless, "Ah Jeremy Gilbert."

Atë listens in from one of the earbuds, hearing Elena's voice on the other side, "Actually it's Elena Gilbert." There is something off from the start with Elena contacting Kol, but the brunette allows the conversation to take place.

A smile tugs on the corners of his lips, ready to delve back into the world of trouble, "What a treat. Yeah, I was just thinking of all the clever ways I could have your brother killed, but I'd settle for ripping off his illustrated arm instead."

Her voice comes out with a slight rush in tempo, "I need to talk to you...in person. I want to call a truce in the name of Silas."

Kol stops in his tracks, Atë's stopping only a moment after. "You want to talk about Silas?"

The goddess notices that Elena's voice sounds a little too reassured, "I'll meet you wherever you want. I'll come to you."

With an irritated look on his face, Kol speaks up, "I'll tell you what. How about I come to you?" With that, he ends the call right away.

Atë takes note of the curious glint in the boy's eyes, understanding that he is going to meet with Elena. She speaks up, "I don't like where this is going."

"Aren't you all buddy buddy with her? You seem to have taking a liking to the girl."

While his words are true, she still has reservations. "Yes, but that doesn't mean I trust her, especially with the likes of all of her friends whispering in her ears. If I know one thing about Elena it's that she will stop at nothing to protect those that she loves."