Chapter 33

Atë takes a seat on the ground with her back against a crypt

Atë takes a seat on the ground with her back against a crypt. Surrounding her are the 'dead' bodies of Klaus, Rebekah, and Elijah.

As she waits for them to regain consciousness, she ponders about the guy from before. Normally she's able to peer into others' minds; however, his has a strong block around it. What occurred was so strange and off putting, so much so she didn't wipe his memory or find out anything else for that matter. Except his name...Kaleb.

But it is New Orleans with all these supernatural and mortal factions. Surely their paths were bound to cross again.

The three Originals start waking up, grounding themselves by remembering what happened and how the goddess struck them with lightening. It was a pain unlike no other.

The goddess sits there with a sly smirk on her face as they finally glance at her. Anger flashes across their faces almost immediately. Klaus, very on brand for him, lets out a growl and charges at the brunette, yet she reappears behind him. He lets out a snarl and she offers back some attitude, "I was doing you all a favor before doing something you'd regret," she locks eyes with the hybrid, "like, I don't know, killing your sister for a mistake she made a century ago."

Rebekah shoots the girl a look of relief, feeling some gratefulness for her words, even if she did just kill her. The blonde's phone rings and Marcel's name flashes across the screen. She peers up nervously at Atë, who nods, and holds Klaus in place for her to run off and talk to her handsome lover.

The hybrid narrows his eyes, "So the almighty goddess is taking the side of a traitor?"

Atë scoffs, "I don't take sides. Hello, I just struck all three of you with lightening. Which was quite thrilling I might add," she says with a wicked smile.

He rolls his eyes at her, "This is a family matter that you have no part in, sweetheart."

Stepping forwards towards him, she stands tall, eyeing him down, "I am not your sweetheart."

The second she says this, an intense feeling of deja vu hits, both Klaus and Atë feeling the insufferable headache with hazy memories of her saying that exact sentence to him in the past.

Elijah glances between the two, both wincing in pain. "Atë..."

Snapping out of it, she feels relief and looks to the noble Mikaelson, "Yes?"

He lets out a sigh, "I think we need to talk to the witches about our connection, the headaches, there weird coincidences."

Klaus chuckles, "Oh the same witches who have threatened Hayley and my baby? The ones who are working with the witch who locked us in here?" All knew he has a point.

"There's one witch that we might be able to trust." Elijah's gaze peers out into the cemetery at the crypts. He speaks her name, "Davina."

The goddess pipes in, "The young witch who hates all of you pretty much?" She's heard the stories of the powerful Harvest girl who finally had to die in order to save herself and those in New Orleans from that magnitude of power.