21

Atë ignores the questioning stares from the two vampires in the room as she walks over to a table in the corner to pour herself some whiskey

Atë ignores the questioning stares from the two vampires in the room as she walks over to a table in the corner to pour herself some whiskey. They remain quiet as the girl quickly downs the content of the glass within seconds, not even flinching at the sudden burn of alcohol.

She flings herself onto the cushioned chair facing the two Originals, her words coming out in a teasing yet serious manner, "I suggest you both pour yourselves a drink before I shatter your perception of this world." Kol and Rebekah follow suit, heeding her advice and not passing up an opportunity for fine aged alcohol, especially given the high tensions in the room after Klaus' explosive anger.

A few quiet moments pass as Kol and Rebekah situate themselves on the couch across from 'Callista's' chair. It's not hard to notice how heavy handed Rebekah's pour was, not that either of the two troublemakers could blame her after the events and words that transpired today.

Atë raises the glass to her lips again, taking another gulp before placing it onto the wooden side table. It's not that the goddess needs the alcohol for the conversation to come, but there is something comforting about the warmth that trickles down her throat as she prepares to face and share her own truth.

"This may seem like the classic 'I'm not who I said I was' speech, but I can promise you it's not as tired and boring as the rest. Listen carefully because I'm not going to repeat myself, you hear me?" They nod obediently, intrigued about what the girl is about to divulge. Kol keeps his eyes trained on her, not blinking, as if he's afraid he might miss something if he does. He's been wanting to gain answers about the captivating enigma from day one and that day finally arrived.

"Okay well first off, you should call me by my real name." Rebekah's eyes widen in the slightest, thinking that the name 'Callista' fit the brunette quite well. It was unique and intriguing, just like the girl before her. "Callista is my alias I've been using since I've been in Mystic Falls. Unoriginal move, I know. From now on, you can call me Atë."

Kol raises his eyebrows upon hearing the unusual name spoken from the girl's lips, "Atë?" Her name easily rolls of his tongue, seeming more familiar than foreign, something he wasn't expecting.

The name seems to register for Rebekah, her noting that she's heard the name spoken amongst the vampire and witches every once in a while during her past. Rebekah keeps her eyes trained on the brunette, not visibly reacting until she hears more and figures out from who exactly she heard the girl's name spoken before.

She nods before angling her body towards him, "I used the alias to avoid unwanted questions and requests from both supernaturals and humans in the area." Atë pauses a moment, "You've probably heard the whisperings of supernaturals attempting to contact me for help, or more importantly-revenge."

Something registers in Rebekah's mind when she hears the brunette mention the word 'revenge.' It all comes flooding back—Klaus prohibiting the love affair between her and Marcel, the constant prevention of her finding true love, hearing her witch friend talk about a conspiracy that there was a goddess aiding some other witches, and the guilty action of calling upon their father to come to New Orleans.