9

The troublesome pair arrives in Denver with Atë waiting in a hotel room as Kol goes to compel Jeremy to hang out later at the batting cage

She lays back comfortably on her queen sized bed, listening to the different requests for her help floating inside her head. There is little desire to appear to those who called. There's the classic wronged person in a relationship, petty work relations, explosive feelings after toxic friendships, those who just want to outright hurt someone and many more.

Her cellphone pings to show that Kol sent a text that he will be back in an hour, so the goddess decides to take one of the callings since she has nothing better to do. 

Atë quickly transports herself to a dimly lit living room where a crying woman in her late twenties sits with her legs crossed, hoping for an answer. Mascara decorates her flushed cheeks from the tears shed over her husband as her blonde matted hair clings to the sides of her face.

Once the woman senses someone in the room, she chokes out a sigh of relief at the assumed Goddess of Mischief and Ruin before her. Atë's voice fills up the room, "What are you asking of me?" 

The woman with long blonde locks stands up shakily and walks over to the allusive goddess, "Help me avenge my husband's death. He was murdered during a robbery at his work place and the police still haven't caught the man responsible yet." 

While the widow chokes on her tears, Atë closes her eyes to picture the murderer and his whereabouts. "Avenge how?" Even though she knows what the woman desired deep down, she wants the widow to admit it out loud. 

Anger floods the woman's facial features when thinking about the role this robber played in her husband's death and her teeth clench, "His death for my husband's death. An eye for an eye." Atë smiles sinfully at her words, content with adding ruin to this already catastrophic world. She goes on though, "I can't go to jail, even if it's warranted. Please, help me make this happen. Please make this right."

Atë doesn't want to say it, but getting even doesn't necessarily make things right but instead creates more chaos, not that she's complaining. She nods her head and appears at the robber's beat up apartment, littered with trash scattered throughout the living space. 

It's clear this man struggled financially, that being the probable motivation for his recent actions. He cooks lunch in the musty and moldy kitchen, his back facing away from the intruder. She morphs her body into the deceased husband of the mourning woman.

Finishing up the preparation for his meal, he turns around and stumbles backwards into the counter abruptly, his plate shattering on the tiled floor. "You recognize me, don't you?"

The robber freezes before nodding his head, looking like a deer in headlights or as if he's seen a ghost, which is almost the truth. There's a deafening silence before the man darts out of his apartment, making the goddess shake her head in disappointment before following after him to the rooftop of the building.