29

Frozen in time, the goddess who once thought she'd never meet someone who could challenge her powers, lays knocked out on the cold ground below her

Frozen in time, the goddess who once thought she'd never meet someone who could challenge her powers, lays knocked out on the cold ground below her. Another figure enters into the darkness, leaning down to carefully tuck the brown locks neatly behind Atë's ears. The girl leans down to whisper, "It's time to wake up."

Atë slowly opens her eyes and adjusts to the dark fog surrounding her, quickly glancing around to piece together where she is and how she got there. A quiet voice appears next to her, startling her, but answering a prominent question. "You're on the Other Side with me."

The Goddess of Mischief and Ruin stands up to come face to face with a sister she was close to long ago. "Dysnomia?"

"Yes, it's me."

"How can I get back? I have to save Kol right now before its too late!" She yells out, pacing and feeling nerves consume her for the first time in her immortal life. Despite wanting to reconnect with her sister, there were more extrusive thoughts on her mind.

Dysnomia, the Goddess of Lawlessness, lets out a chuckle, "I'm afraid you're stuck here with me for the time being."

Remembering that the Other Side is for those mystical creatures who have died but not passed on, Atë points out, "But there's no way that I am dead."

"Oh, sister you're not, don't worry! That witch, Bonnie Bennett, transported your mind here while your body remains back at the Gilbert house."

Atë's eyes scrunch together in an attempt to determine what exactly is taking place here, "But that's not possible for a mere practicing witch to accomplish..." In her thoughts, she's aware that someone must have helped her. Remembering back, the pressure on her head seconds before falling felt god-like.

Her thoughts trail off to see Dysnomia standing there with a smile on her face but a glint of havoc hidden in her eyes. "Dysnomia, what did you do?"

Dysnomia lets out a giggle, "I've missed you, you know?" Of course Atë has missed the only sister that truly understood her, but she'd be lying if she said she wasn't suspect of something more sinful going on.

The other goddess continues, "So when Bonnie Bennett was messing around with dark magic and pressed her luck with the witches over here when putting Klaus back into his body, she briefly entered this dimension. She didn't know it, but I placed a seed of my magic in her mind that would go undetected. So when the time was right, the witch would subconsciously know what to do and would use my godly power to reunite us. Isn't that great?" Atë stares at her sister in a concerned manner, unsure what exactly happened to the girl she grew up with on Mount Olympus.

Dysnomia appeared more unhinged than ever. Looking at her like she's crazy, Atë exclaims, "No, it's not!"

The nice aura surrounding her sister suddenly shifts to one radiating a terrifying form of anger, her voice lowering to a serious one, "I figured you'd say that." Dysnomia walks around the empty space while talking out loud, "You've changed, Atë. Your priorities aren't the same."